Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Walmart, in works to make changes >
  • Walmart, in works to make changes

• Walmart, in works to make changes

Old 02-06-2011, 12:50 PM

Yes, go to wal mart and scroll down to the bottom where it says contact us you can send an email to them through that source. I did that this morning.
    Old 02-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by nevrn
    Originally Posted by Gabs
    Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    My local WM still has fabric but it is such poor quality I won't buy it. The only other fabric store nearby is Joann's and their quality also leaves a lot to be desired. I now mainly shop online sales and get much better quality.
    I mostly shop online as well. Have not had any problems until my last order. Bought a Hoffman Batik FQ 20 pack. All were cut wonky and one FQ even had stitches where someone had sewn on the fat quarter. I am really shocked. I've spent a lot of money at this online quilt shop and am really surprised by the sloppiness of this order. I feel sorry for the shop owner if she does not know. She/he will lose a lot of business if this continues.
    I hope you have or will contact the owner with your concerns. She/he may well not know about it and will probably be more than happy to make it right for you.
    Thanks for the advice. I've thought about it and it must be a reject bundle and somehow it was mailed to me by accident.
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    I am sending this link, I found on FOX this am... they seem to be suffering a little and planning to bring some things back. Should we contact them and ask about fabric... ??? Worth a try you think???

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/06...bound/#content
    Absolutely! At one time I did the bulk of my shopping there because it really was a one stop shop. I spent several hundred dollars a month there. Now I spend less than $100 at WalMart every six weeks. If enough of us write to tell management that we are spending less at WalMart because the fabric department is gone, the hardheads who are running the business might finally get the message.

froggyintexas
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:08 PM

Wal-Mart really needs to listen to its customers. They change things it seems to have the stores appeal more to the customers. They should ask customers what they think about the changes and consider their comments and wishes before making any changes since we are the ones doing the buying from them.
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:10 PM

I was in Wal-Mart the other day and the clerk there said it was up to the dept. manager and store manager whether they kept the fabric dept. or not. Maybe we should be contacting the stores as well as corporate to complain.
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:19 PM

The two Super Walmarts that are close to me are going to remodel in the summer. From what I've heard from employees the Walmarts where they've taken out the fabric has dropped in sales about 20 to 25%. Maybe they'll wise up and leave it in our stores and add it back to the other ones.
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:39 PM

I shop very little at WalMart--mostly due to their imported items----and the lack of support US made, which Sam insisted upon!
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:43 PM

OK ladies, here's the scoop on email addresses for Wal-Mart. I found a list on the internet and it looks as if we need to not only email the big guy at the top, but the district and regional managers for the are you live in. Let's do this!!

If you want to participate, just private message me and I will send you the list.
    Old 02-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
    I was in Wal-Mart the other day and the clerk there said it was up to the dept. manager and store manager whether they kept the fabric dept. or not. Maybe we should be contacting the stores as well as corporate to complain.
    I have read from another post that the manager says he wants to keep the fabric, but higher up says no. I don't think their left hand knows what their right hand is doing. I think begging for a favor from one who has decieved you is fruitless.
    Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 PM

No one wants to take responsibility for anything. I worked for Sam's. There are so many MNGs. you wouldn't know who to go to. I felt that they didn't care a whit about any of us. One mng. told us the customer is always right, unless they're wrong. I have seen grown male customers opening pkg; of candy for a taste. Where were these people raised? I quit. Best thing I ever did.