Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What’s on your Christmas List? >

What’s on your Christmas List?

What’s on your Christmas List?

Old 12-06-2021, 01:20 PM

Default What’s on your Christmas List?

I always enjoy seeing what everyone else wants in case I learn of some new fancy schmancy quilting gizmo that I must have.

My Christmas gift to myself was a snow blower, totally not quilting related, but it will make snow removal much faster!
Old 12-06-2021, 01:48 PM

I'd like a cutting table and a rotating cutting mat.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
..................My Christmas gift to myself was a snow blower, totally not quilting related, but it will make snow removal much faster!
............... and let you get out the door and away to buy more quilt fabric!!!!!
Old 12-06-2021, 02:05 PM

I sometimes ask for a gift card from JoAnn Fabrics or a nearby quilt shop.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

I really don’t need anything for Christmas sewing related. The only fabric I had to have this year was the Nirthcoat toilet paper roll fabric . I couldn’t resist commemorating the great toilet paper shortage of the pandemic. My machine is in getting a check up and I will have it back hopefully this weekend. Some new Aurifil neutral coloured sewing thread would be nice though.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

I want the book The Lyrics about the Beatles music. That's all I really want! Everything else would be gravy
Old 12-06-2021, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

I can't think of anything quilting to ask for. My husband always gives me a generous gift certificate to the local LQS. I bought an Apple watch for myself a couple weeks ago and a new laptop and a new Kindle Fire. I indulged.
Old 12-06-2021, 04:43 PM

I wanted a Martha Washington Sewing Cabinet. Looked all through Craig’s List, local sales and etc. Found lots of them. Painted, green and white with flowers, painted black, some with holes that looked like they might have been for locks. Found some that looked like they were stripped and repainted an oak color. Found the one. The one I fell in love with. Great price. It needed to be shipped halfway across the country. Well, it came, perfect condition. Love it. That’s about all I want. Except I want to go to a retreat in February.
Attached Thumbnails 1dd02af3-255f-45b6-ae83-f8f6880cc3de.jpeg  
Old 12-06-2021, 05:38 PM

My husband and I booked a trip to Mexico in January for our gift, but it's looking like it's not going to happen. I guess we will know in the next couple of weeks as more info comes out about this variant. I really don't want to get stuck isolating in Mexico for 2 weeks.

Tallchick...we once bought a snowblower a week before Christmas and had the poor saleslady convinced that that was what my husband was getting me for Christmas. She couldn't keep the horrified look off of her face. We took pity on her at the end and told her we were just kidding.

Watson
Old 12-06-2021, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

I really don't want anything. When I want something I buy it no matter the time of year.