Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What's on your design wall? >
  • What's on your design wall?

• What's on your design wall?

Old 08-26-2014, 06:47 AM

I need a design wall. Now I am working on a scrappy log cabin. Using up a lot of scraps I've collected!
    Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by tron80
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]489057[/ATTACH]
    Sorry the pic is turn, i hope you can see mi applecore in progress. The fabric is from recycled shirts!
    Happy quilting.
    Oooh, your applecore will be lovely! I'm just starting out on an applecore, haven't got my layout sorted yet, otherwise I'd post a picture!
    Lovely looking projects from everyone :-)
    Old 08-26-2014, 09:50 AM

Hello, Love your design wall.. but, have a completely unrelated question, hope you will help... I'm new and tried to post a question to Main .. I can't find it... I received an email saying I had received a private message and there it was ???
    My title was Blockbase - Block #3676 help please. Thanks in advance for your help ad apologies for jumping into your wonderful design wall.
    Old 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana
    Dsb13kjd - When I saw your KF, I immediately thought "a bright shabby chic". I never considered KF in this category, but you really pulled it off perfectly. I love the look.
    Great looking quilts. I like them all.
    peace
    Old 08-27-2014, 05:04 AM

Just finished a Bricks & Stones lap quilt from leftover blocks. Couldn't see wasting them. And here's a little peek at the original one using fruits and veggie fabrics with CT Mirage fabrics. Still needs the borders which I just got from CT the other day. And then here's a plan for the quilt I'm working on right now. Got all the pieces cut ready to go. Using scraps from the last quilt I just finished..Smith Mountain waiting to be quilted. You can see a few of the leftover blocks next to the veggie quilt. I'll use those to make up some throw pillows for the couple this quilt will be given to.
    Attached Thumbnails bricks-stones-lap.jpg   bricks-stones-veggie.jpg   lavines-quilt.jpg  
    Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 AM

Default What's on your design wall?

I'm working on a challenge quilt. It will have 42 applique blocks about summertime.
    Attached Thumbnails design-wall.jpg  
    Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978
    Just finished a Bricks & Stones lap quilt from leftover blocks. Couldn't see wasting them. And here's a little peek at the original one using fruits and veggie fabrics with CT Mirage fabrics. Still needs the borders which I just got from CT the other day. And then here's a plan for the quilt I'm working on right now. Got all the pieces cut ready to go. Using scraps from the last quilt I just finished..Smith Mountain waiting to be quilted. You can see a few of the leftover blocks next to the veggie quilt. I'll use those to make up some throw pillows for the couple this quilt will be given to.
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Jane
    Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R
    I'm working on a challenge quilt. It will have 42 applique blocks about summertime.

What fun! I truly admire quilters who do applique.

Jane
    Old 08-27-2014, 07:00 AM

I am working on a quilt for my DD for Christmas. It is exploding blocks made with Making Melody layer cake from Keepsake quilting. I am putting a "frame" of piano keys around the lighter blocks and will put "frame" of a darker part of the fabric around the darker blocks with a thin line of red between the blocks, a narrow red border and than a wide black and white border that has treble clefs in it.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 08-27-2014, 07:56 AM

I have nothing on my wall...don't even have a wall right now. We are remodeling my sewing room and I don't even know where we put my wall. The ceiling is scraped, the tile has been taken up and yes along with fabric everywhere, there is dust everywhere. In the process of painting a soft buttery color. Next floors then baseboards and then the real work begins...getting it all organized and back in. I love the quilt you have on your wall. Will you share the pattern or a too trial?