Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Would you use the scissor holder that goes around your neck? >
  • Would you use the scissor holder that goes around your neck?

• Would you use the scissor holder that goes around your neck?

Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 PM

No I don't. I have an idea to make them but wondered if many people like them before I put in the effort.

Originally Posted by QuiltE
    You have me curious .... you haven't told us yet .... do you wear one? or not?

Perhaps you have ideas of going into production on one, and wondered if it would be saleable? or?

Originally Posted by kwhite
    WOW this is scarry. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. keep them comming.

Originally Posted by Traditional
    No, at the shop I had a terrible accident with them I was in the shop alone and they got cought and ended up in the head .Thank God the Lady in the next building was there to help.
    I refused to have them in our stock after that.
    Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
    Power Poster

......... and your verdict based on this research?
    Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM

I personally wouldn't use one because I would hand my scissors around my neck and then the next time I would need to use them I would spend HOURS looking for them! Kinda like putting a pencil behind your ear and then forgetting where you put it! lol
    Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by maryb44662
    Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Originally Posted by AngieS
    I like the lil scissor or snipet things but won't spring for what they cost. At our LQS they are like $20-$25....too much for me.
    Go to Walmart and buy snips. They are around $5.00 a pair. I know the ones you are talking about at LQS and they are probably a Weiss brand name, all metal. The ones I'm referring to at WM have plastic handles, and extremely pointy tips. Much rather use them and replace them every so often than buy the Weiss, and have to get them sharpened.
    I'm with you. I worked in a sewing factory before, years and years ago, you always kept the snips in your hand while sewing. The metal ones. I bought a metal pair, but much rather use the plastic handle ones, they are lighter. I keep them in my hand at the sewing machine at all times, especially while paper piecing. Mary
    Yay! I'm believable ;) I have since went on to the plastic handles, because the snips they sold had to constantly be resharpened. The plastic ones from Walmart are awesome. I do not need a seam ripper. I also used to work in an embroidery shop, and some of my duties were to be the official thread trimmer. The plastic ones got right down to the core of the stitch.
    Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 PM

I have one on right now. If I'm sewing/quilting, my lanyard is around my neck.
    Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 PM

nope not me. I use the neck to hang my glasses. While this is covenant, they get pretty screwed up and they eat as much as I do. LOL I can't see up close so I have to keep them handy but if I look away all I see is a blur so they hang there most of the time just collecting what ever comes their way and then when I need to see I just give them a wipe and put them on.
    Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM

my luck i would end up falling and jab it in to me , i am a clutz when it comes to some things and this would be one of them
    Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM

I have Several Chatelaine's, and some are fancy and some plain. I wear one every time I sew. I love them. they all hold different things so I wear the one that I need for that sewing.Have a lovely one made by a friend for me , and she used a pink silk tie, EMBELLISHED and it is gorgeous. Also wear finger pin cushions, especially when I am Binding a quilt. CMARAS
    Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 PM

No- I get hung up on everything. I can't even wear a watch because it catches even on the edge of the machine at the worst possible moment of free handing and I get a flub. Even have had to go to a solid wedding band. Over the years I had the head on my diamond retipped and repalced 4 times in under 12 years which now has been sitting in a jewelry box waiting once again for a reapair for the last 11 years. I figure it's due to fact I am left handed and am constantly working at something- that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 PM

I have been given those lil zingers to hold scissors or what ever. Never used them until recently. And now I can't sew without one. I have a lil curved pair of scissors and no pokies LOL