Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2020 June through November Round Robin >
  • 2020 June through November Round Robin

• 2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 10-20-2020, 02:14 PM
    Power Poster

If you are finished with round 5 of a quilt, go ahead and send it home! Let those robins fly home, as Givio says...
    Old 10-20-2020, 02:29 PM

Congratulations group #1 on LeeAnn’s quilt. She started out with a darling center of flowers and a cutea bird and then surrounded with squares and hst then adding those flowers and then came the peacock and birdies and and arrows and a perfect colorful border to bring it together – just wow! I doubt LeeAnn had any idea of how her center would turn out!!
    Old 10-20-2020, 06:26 PM

Mary! Those colors really set it off great! It really warms up the top. Nice choices there!
    Old 10-21-2020, 04:00 AM

Mary, I always love what you do. What a nice bright and strong ending.

I showed your quilt to my Tuesday group and everyone loved it. But they all had the same question that I do -- what's next?? Told them I wasn't allowed to just put on a solid piece of black fabric, so they asked how many pieces would it take to qualify.

Well... I think I have an idea. That song seems completely incompatible but is still in my head and I think it's starting to work on me, even the colors in the video. The song is All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor -- every inch is perfect from the bottom to the top!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

and if you need another dose, there's the Star Wars Parody -- It's all about that base and no rebels!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5WqRnFejI

Old 10-21-2020, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom
    Mary, I always love what you do. What a nice bright and strong ending.

I showed your quilt to my Tuesday group and everyone loved it. But they all had the same question that I do -- what's next?? Told them I wasn't allowed to just put on a solid piece of black fabric, so they asked how many pieces would it take to qualify.

Well... I think I have an idea. That song seems completely incompatible but is still in my head and I think it's starting to work on me, even the colors in the video. The song is All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor -- every inch is perfect from the bottom to the top!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

and if you need another dose, there's the Star Wars Parody -- It's all about that base and no rebels!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5WqRnFejI
    Sometimes, something simple is all it needs to finish. Love the Megan Trainor song!!!
    Old 10-21-2020, 08:36 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    If you are finished with round 5 of a quilt, go ahead and send it home! Let those robins fly home, as Givio says...
    Oops, forgot to say we need a picture before you send the quilt home. Please lay the quilt out on a flat surface, such as floor or bed, and take a picture to post to the group. Givio is keeping a photo album for us and will need to grab those photos out of the thread. Thanks!

Old 10-21-2020, 08:47 AM

I've been playing around with configurations and I think I have a winner. I wanted to add some of the black that Carrie requested.

After looking at the photo I think I might add a 2.5 border on the ends before I add my "round".
    Attached Thumbnails carrie-sneak.jpg  

Last edited by Mona G; 10-21-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Old 10-21-2020, 09:40 AM

I thought I was finished last night and then this morning noticed an oops - ripped out one side and redid and it all came together. MonaG this will be flying back home with in the week! My mom is in awe of everyone's work! And DH asked if we were keeping this one!
    Attached Thumbnails monag5bytg.jpg  
    Old 10-21-2020, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    I thought I was finished last night and then this morning noticed an oops - ripped out one side and redid and it all came together. MonaG this will be flying back home with in the week! My mom is in awe of everyone's work! And DH asked if we were keeping this one!
    It is fabulous Thanks you sooo much everyone, I can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!
    Old 10-21-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
    So pretty! Kudos on such a beautiful pretty green ending, and also loving that yellow border on the birdies! Hugs!!!