Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 10-24-2021, 05:57 PM

Happy birthday Barbara! Woohoo on the fun candies!
Old 10-24-2021, 06:10 PM

I apologize to the three October Birthdya girls. I thought I had mailed the October birthdya envelopes and tonight I saw them laying by my mail. UGH! I am so sorry. Tthey will all go in the mail tomorrow!
Old 10-24-2021, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Barbara, hope your birthday was extra happy!!

WMUTeach, fabulous quilt you completed! Love that pattern.

I have to agree about the ambrosia… my Mom tried making it a few Thanksgivings, but it bombed every time. It’s some sort of salad with fruit, coconut and baby marshmallows. Yuck.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I have to agree about the ambrosia… my Mom tried making it a few Thanksgivings, but it bombed every time. It’s some sort of salad with fruit, coconut and baby marshmallows. Yuck.
Loveofquilts, Around my house ambrosia is called Abby Salad. It was one dish a 6-year-old daughter could make with minimal adult supervision as long as the ingredients were in a big bowl.. For us it was a family favorite but we don't get it often any more. Abby is now into sugar free, gourmet cooking and would not let mini-mellows cross her lips. Perhaps I should teach her children how to make Mommy Salad. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 10-25-2021 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Loveofquilts, Around my house ambrosia is called Abby Salad. It was one dish a 6-year-old daughter could make with minimal adult supervision as long as the ingredients were in a big bowl.. For us it was a family favorite but we don't get it often any more. Abby is now into sugar free, gourmet cooking and would not let mini-mellows cross her lips. Perhaps I should teach her children how to make Mommy Salad. Tee-Hee-Hee!

That's so sweet... Aww, she grew out of it. Yes, that's a great thought. I'm sure they'd like it. It is fun to make.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I love green bean casserole and cornbread stuffing! In the South, it's cornbread!

Cranberry jelly... not so much.
Oh wow, I haven't had cornbread dressing in many, many years but I remember how yummy it was! Thanks for bringing that up for me to think about.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:21 AM

I've been playing with my candies. I haven't found the right combos for the ghosts I want but the grands helped me put together some mug rugs/bowl rugs/little people blankets/napkins (all purpose candy 9 patch) suited to their desires. Three were done with wrap around binding with solid backs. The Science mug rug has a troll backing and red binding. None of these experiments( binding and machine quilting in particular) would have been possible without your beautiful candies!! .Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails unicorn-mug-rug.jpg   chase-mug-rug-1.jpg   chase-mug-rug-2.jpg   science-mug-rug.jpg  
Old 10-26-2021, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts View Post
Oh wow, I haven't had cornbread dressing in many, many years but I remember how yummy it was! Thanks for bringing that up for me to think about.
I cheat and use Stovetop Cornbread dressing in the box. I use about 3 boxes and make as directed. Meanwhile I cook 1lb of sausage (the ground kind) and chopped celery and onion. When cooked I add to the stuffing and mix. I use broth from the turkey ( or canned chicken broth) for the liquid.) Deee-lish!

Ibex, cute mug rugs!
Old 10-26-2021, 02:53 PM

Sewbizgirl, that sounds like a great recipe to try this Thanksgiving! I'm always on the lookout for new things to try. Glad you like the mug rugs! Working with the grands was great fun.

Here's the last one I will be doing for a while. I love that Panda!! My dad gets this one. He is greatly amused!
Attached Thumbnails panda-mug-rug.jpg  
Old 10-26-2021, 02:57 PM

and just in case I am not able to get online tomorrow -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDYMCD!
Attached Thumbnails happy-birthday.jpg