Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-14-2024, 04:45 AM

Yesterday was one of my favorite times of the year. Time to plant all the geraniums in their pots here at the house. Later today will head to the lake and plant my pots there.. We have a couple crazy birds here, a Robin and Oriole. They keep landing on the hummingbird feeder and try to drink from it.

SBG any chance you live in Southern Missippi?
Old 05-14-2024, 05:00 AM

Morning, Boomers. Never got to the boom blocks yesterday. DH and I were both hit with allergies so we just vegged out watching mc racing and old movies on tv. It was my dad’s birthday and I was missing him. He died when I was about 30. Plus, my grandmother, dad’s mother, died on his birthday, so there was that, too. I was only a child and miss her almost every day. So yesterday hit kind of hard. Today is much better, thank goodness. Need to channel the angst into something productive like those blocks!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday.

Old 05-14-2024, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post

SBG any chance you live in Southern Missippi?
I live in central Mississippi, just about the center of the state. I'm about 4 hours from the southern coast. Why... are you going there?
Old 05-14-2024, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Hope today's a better day for you, Janice.
Old 05-14-2024, 02:12 PM

Much better, thank you!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hope today's a better day for you, Janice.
Old 05-15-2024, 02:48 AM

Morning, Boomers. Another dreary, rainy day ahead but no bad storms here. I do have a coffee date with some women later, otherwise not much is on the docket for today. Hope you all have a pleasant day ahead.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:51 AM

Janice glad today is a better day

SBG my granddaughter who is getting married will be moving to the Pensacola area after the wedding. Airfare from here is ridiculous but very reasonable from our home in Texas.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Terry, Pensacola! That's home to A & E Fabrics, one of the holy grails of fabric stores! You have got to go there when you visit Pensacola. I've never been but it's on my bucket list.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:43 AM

Good afternoon! And I do mean good! I found a FMQ tip in a Juki Junkies YouTube video this morning that made all the difference to me. The tip is to run your machine at about 25 to 30 percent speed (if your machine has a speed control knob, which mine does) and then petal to the metal. My gosh, nowhere did I ever hear of such a simple suggestion. I immediately lowered my speed, full petal to the metal, and suddenly my meandering stitches are just right! I’d never gotten them even but running my juki like this is almost like having a stitch regulator. If only I’d heard such a simple instruction before! Anyway, I’ve meandered a couple of blocks and they are pretty fair. I’m content. Such a great day!!!

Whopper of a thunderstorm is going through. Hope you all aren’t having rough weather. Have a pleasant rest of your day.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Pretty day here... thunderstorm supposed to come tomorrow.

I will have to try that trick from Juki Junkies. I'll try it on my Juki longarm. I usually set it on 80 or 85 percent speed and pedal to the metal. I pedal to the metal on anything I sew on, so that won't be new, LOL! Thanks.