Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >
  • Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

• Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-22-2013, 06:00 PM

Wanabquilter,please PM me your address so I can mail your Block.I finally finished it,it ended up being fun to do and not hard at all
    Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Judith,

Any chance of getting this pattern? Or a link to where I can find it? It's the black block with Blue triangles. It's very pretty. Thanks for showing it
    Old 10-23-2013, 04:14 AM

Post October monthly block swap

Received this beautiful block from TheMamaHauser! 2nd pic is block I sent her.
    I love , love this swap!!!
    Attached Thumbnails 101_1254-recd-oct-swap.jpg   101_1232-sent-qb-montly-swap-10-13.jpg  
    Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 AM

Terri- Sorry I got behind, all my babies I needed to make quilts for that were due in November wanted to be born in October. I'm catching up. Your block will be in the mail tomorrow I promise.
    Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 AM

Well hello PUMPKINS! how are you all today? what is this talk of.... SNOW???? yikes. We had our first snow on Sept 28th and I am thankful this week is WARM and sunny and well WITHOUT SNOW. Its a hazard to my health walking on that ... stuff (shutter). Terriam thank you for not mentioning it lol. I do not get the appeal at all. nope. and winter has not begun. oh joy!!!

I received not one but TWO blocks from Oksewnsew and they are gorgeous! I will post pictures later today but wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am doing a Christmas theme quilt that one day I will actually put together but the colors are red/green and whites and she did a beautiful poinsettia that she appliqued that will be a nice and different addition I think. my first!!! also there is the cutest little lace tea pot in red ornament .. I love the lace ornaments and just had literally added a half a dozen to my stock from Quiltermomma. it was like you talked to each other!! more! I could do a whole tree in those.. so big hugs from the brat to you oksewnsew. I can not wait for next months blocks.. I love making blocks.

also those paper pieced blocks make my jaw drop. so very beautiful! and btw that maple leaf wall hanging.. it maybe a beginners block per say but its a beautiful block so it should remain in everyones stock pile of 'do this one again' .. that is a cool wall hanging and I have a maple leaf hanging in my dining room too all year round mind you.
    Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 AM

Does anyone need a few extra blocks to finish up a quilt? I have time to help out. As long as it is relatively simple. Dotty
    Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 AM

Here you go Sauki1, http://piecebynumber.com/circleofgeese.htm Just remember, you have to have 4 copies of the geese either going clockwise OR counterclockwise. They give you both. In the beginning, I had half of my geese going one way and the other half going the other way. lol (The pattern is free.) And thank you.
    Originally Posted by Sauki1
    Judith,

Any chance of getting this pattern? Or a link to where I can find it? It's the black block with Blue triangles. It's very pretty. Thanks for showing it
    Old 10-23-2013, 05:45 AM

Oh wow, these are both wonderful. Did yall both plan the diagonal strips. They look fabulous!
    Originally Posted by ljptexas
    Received this beautiful block from TheMamaHauser! 2nd pic is block I sent her.
    I love , love this swap!!!
    Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 AM

Oh my goodness, those blocks are gorgeous. Great job.

I'm so glad you received the blocks, Brat. It was fun doing them for you. Keep the pictures coming, they are great. Now, if I can just hear from Country-Girl - you should have received your block too. Please let me hear from ya..and you were not late sending mine, lol.

Happy sewing ya'all.
    Jean
    Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM

I love that pink and burgundy star! I have been catching up with everyone's chatting and enjoying the blocks. I am working on a quilt for a new grandson who will be here in January. If it turns out as cute as I think I will post a picture. I should have ample time to sew, DH left this morning to visit his daughter and grandsons for 3 weeks in Oregon. So I get to do what I want, except when the puppies demand we go out to play! I am looking forward to the next block swap and anxious to see what my partner wants to receive.