• Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011 >
  • Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

• Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Old 03-01-2011, 03:24 PM

The Quilting in the New Year March sign up has been posted:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-104169-1.htm#2658153

Miling deadline will be April 25th
    Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM

well, my partner CCCorner, and I were finally able to get together to do our swap, I know we're kinda late, her company sends her to Texas, so we were waiting until we could meet in person for the exchange. LOL after many mishaps with the locations, we finally met for lunch. Had a great time and enjoyed our visit. We had decided to learn PP, so we made PP potholders for each other. I LOVE the ones she made me, they are very bright and colorful, makes me think of Spring. She also gave me a black she made that she decided not to use, I love that one too it's in very bright blues. Thank you for meeting me for lunch had a great time and really enjoyed meeting you.

this one is a house made from butterfly fabric, doesn't it just make you think SPRING
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117409[/ATTACH]

this is the bumblebee she made me
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117573[/ATTACH]

this is the "orphan" block she made me, I love the brightness of it and the pattern she used
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117949[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117404.jpe   attachment-117568.jpe   attachment-117944.jpe  
    Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM

Very cute. I love the bumble bee.
    Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM

So as Short and Sheet stated yes we met up in Texas and it was really fun for me. The swap was a really good way for me to get a project done and as you can see from my pictures I got some really great potholders from her.... but sitting and visiting about quilting and the wonderful quilt board was the best part. As a newbie I am hesitate to share my imperfect work, but she was very kind and apreciative of my very first paper piecing project. So enjoy the pictures they are just adorable. Thanks again Short and Sweet, and by the way her board name fits her perfectly:)

Looks just like my Golden
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]131839[/ATTACH]

Dog House and Bone
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]131840[/ATTACH]

Colorful Kitty which is perfect for my kitty
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]131841[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-131834.jpe   attachment-131835.jpe   attachment-131836.jpe  
    Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Love your swap items - glad you could meet to swap. This is so neat.
    Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Some day I too would like to try PP. the Pot holders are adorable! great job girls!
    Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 PM

the PP was actually a lot of fun, as you can see I got carried away, but I definelty plan on doing more. and I really like doing potholders. and I totally enjoyed visiting with Colleen.
    Originally Posted by AlisaQuilts
    Some day I too would like to try PP. the Pot holders are adorable! great job girls!
    Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    well, my partner CCCorner, and I were finally able to get together to do our swap, I know we're kinda late, her company sends her to Texas, so we were waiting until we could meet in person for the exchange. LOL after many mishaps with the locations, we finally met for lunch. Had a great time and enjoyed our visit. We had decided to learn PP, so we made PP potholders for each other. I LOVE the ones she made me, they are very bright and colorful, makes me think of Spring. She also gave me a black she made that she decided not to use, I love that one too it's in very bright blues. Thank you for meeting me for lunch had a great time and really enjoyed meeting you.
    I hate it when QB doesn't tell me of new posts. Sorry if this is a little delayed (for whatever reason) but I love those! It does make you think Spring. I received my project that Shawn (Ms. Shawn) made me. I'll be posting that in a bit. It too reminds me of spring and summer!
    Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CCCorner
    So as Short and Sheet stated yes we met up in Texas and it was really fun for me. The swap was a really good way for me to get a project done and as you can see from my pictures I got some really great potholders from her.... but sitting and visiting about quilting and the wonderful quilt board was the best part. As a newbie I am hesitate to share my imperfect work, but she was very kind and apreciative of my very first paper piecing project. So enjoy the pictures they are just adorable. Thanks again Short and Sweet, and by the way her board name fits her perfectly:)
    Those are great and extra special also since you got to meet in person! Great job everybody!
    Old 03-04-2011, 10:07 AM

Managed to get to the post office today and I am so glad that I did. From Ms. Shawn I received a VERY cute small quilt. One of the best things is that it is reversible. Shawn is new to quilting and I think she has done a wonderful job on this. She zig zagged around each square and appliqued one or two things on it. She also sent a matching pin cushion (something that I ALWAYS need) and the most adorable card.

Thanks again Shawn. It makes me think of Spring and Summer and I can feel myself starting to relax already.

The card - doesn't it make you want to swim with the dolphin?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121669[/ATTACH]

Cutie Cat indeed! I can always use more pin cushions
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121715[/ATTACH]

Cute fabric choices and if you notice she zig zag appliqued too! Great job Shawn!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121716[/ATTACH]

I think that the bottom cat is going to pounce on the others next to it. Gorgeous colors and cute fabric!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]121771[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-121664.jpe   attachment-121710.jpe   attachment-121711.jpe   attachment-121766.jpe