Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Finished a couple more runners today...tops were finished last year. They're both scrappies. The blue doesn't show the colors well; maybe the lighting? The back of it is a light blue basketweave fabric. The sunflowers is the bee runner backing.
    Attached Thumbnails blue-scrappy-runner.jpg   scrappy-bee-runner-front.jpg   scrappy-bee-runner-back.jpg  
    Old 02-21-2016, 08:20 PM

Boy, some more beautiful quilts finished! Toot, toot to everyone!
    Old 02-21-2016, 10:35 PM
    Power Poster

Great finishes. I just love to see all the pictures. They definitely inspire me to do more. (I am almost done with my second table runner).
    Old 02-22-2016, 08:22 AM

Janice, do we need to do a "roll call tally", to ensure you have the current number of UFO's completed?

If so, for me, I've completed 5 since the beginning of the year.

Which I'm really proud of, actually. My goal is to complete at least 2 per month. Hmmm, guess that means I need to knock out one of the yard sale quilts if I'm going to get #2 for February completed.
    Old 02-22-2016, 09:02 AM

Hmmm, interesting idea, Leta. Thanks. But while my low level OCD says "yes" to the roll-call tally, I'm going to use my more sane self and say, uh, no way! I check and double check as I go along, keeping a list of every finish, the poster's board name, the post #, whether or not there's a picture, a quick description of the finish and then the post # I write every couple of weeks to acknowledge the recent finishes. (OCD much?) So, basically, I ask if anyone posts a finish and you do NOT see a "Toot Toot" pop up within 3 or 4 days, let me know. (Everyone gets a Toot, Toot individually and then when I give the newest tally, I sum up who's had a finish since my last tally post.) If I haven't toot, tooted, I may not have your finish. Also, try to remember to clearly state your finish is a "UFO finish". As some of us are posting progress pix or finishes that are not UFOs, it's very easy for me to mistake a unmarked ufo finish as something other than that. It'll keep me from having to double check with you before I add the item to the UFO finishes tally.

Thanks everyone!

PS. Leta, I've got you at 5 finishes (fabulous!!!) but only 4 acknowledgements so far...

Originally Posted by letawellman
    Janice, do we need to do a "roll call tally", to ensure you have the current number of UFO's completed?

If so, for me, I've completed 5 since the beginning of the year.

Which I'm really proud of, actually. My goal is to complete at least 2 per month. Hmmm, guess that means I need to knock out one of the yard sale quilts if I'm going to get #2 for February completed.
    Old 02-22-2016, 09:07 AM

Then I'll add nine to the UFO count! Wow.
    Originally Posted by jaba
    Janice all of them are from 1 1/2 years to 6 months old. Glad I'm getting a chance to get them done. I usually don't until I want to use a runner or mat. Have 19 quilts, 2 more runner's and a large table topper waiting for me to get done. All the quilts have to be quilted first. The runner's and the topper I finished quilting today and put the binding on. Those need the binding hand sewn.
    Old 02-22-2016, 09:09 AM

JuanitaBean, a big TOOT TOOT for your two lovely finishes. I'm a big fan of pink and so these really make me smile. Congratulations!
    Originally Posted by JuanitaBean
    Here is 2 UFO I got done this week
    Old 02-22-2016, 09:14 AM

Letawellman, yes we are over 100! Will soon post a tally and see who put us over the 100 mark.

In the meantime, TOOT TOOT for your finish on Glory. Wow, this is just so pretty. Congratulations!
    Originally Posted by letawellman
    Wow, it looks like we are WAAAYYY over the 100 mark!!...Well, I got "Glory" finished!!! Yaay, me!
    Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 AM

JulieR, TOOT, TOOT on your 3 UFO finishes! How wonderful that they are also quilts for charity. Lovely!
    Originally Posted by Julie R
    Turned in 3 finishes at the charity quilt group gathering yesterday. Unfortunately, I only remembered to take pictures of 1 of them. Another was a a pink one identical and the third was a panel. You probably can't see from the picture, but there are little zoo animals in the blue print fabric.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]543174[/ATTACH]
    Old 02-22-2016, 09:26 AM

I'd love to see that heart bargello if you have time to post a picture. Toot, Toot on your newest UFO finish as well as your other two non-ufo completions. Doing great!
    Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    I finished a heart bargello that is a UFO. My two other finishes this weekend are not. At least that is one more to my goal for 52 for the year. Getting closer.

Great finishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!