Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >
  • Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

• Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 05-26-2024, 12:09 PM

Thank you Joe's mom and Gemm for the suggestions. I didn't realize that Etsy offered clearance fabrics in large enough quantities and have started to browse there. Gemm, I like the idea of a print with the sage green and have been looking for something with a very small, delicate flower. I would rather order on line than to go shopping and yet have been disappointed with colors that don't appear the same as pictured and then the whole return issues. Now it sounds like I'm whining. Thanks for the ideas though.
    Old 06-04-2024, 10:01 AM

Has anyone here quilting their Indigo Way on a domestic machine? I was about to attempt it but may need to rethink this - there are so many seams and my usual method is to do cross hatching or stitch in the ditch. And, if you have done it would you suggest using a larger needle..i.e. # 16?
    Old 06-05-2024, 01:54 PM

I am still waiting on quilting down this project. My last two (finished) Bonnie Hunter quilts I did with a grid and a serpentine stitch on my big throated but domestic sewing machine.

I find this works well when you (like me) don't have the skills or equipment or mindset for showing off fancier quilting. Bonnie's projects are so busy my main goal is functional quilting that lets the fabric speak. I'd have to look for it and my eyes aren't up to it, but as I recall she used a swirly all over pattern from Urban Elementz on this top.
    Old 06-05-2024, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI
    Has anyone here quilting their Indigo Way on a domestic machine? I was about to attempt it but may need to rethink this - there are so many seams and my usual method is to do cross hatching or stitch in the ditch. And, if you have done it would you suggest using a larger needle..i.e. # 16?
    I quilted mine on my domestic machine. I SITD on all the seams, and had a four butterfly stencil that I placed in the middle of the large squares. I trace the image on with Crayola Washable Ultra-Clean Thin Point Markers, then just followed the lines. I am pleased with the result.