Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Manual Kenmore model 1000.9714 >

Manual Kenmore model 1000.9714

Manual Kenmore model 1000.9714

Old 05-23-2015, 04:38 PM

Default Manual Kenmore model 1000.9714

Not sure if this is where I should be asking this question but thought that some of you nice people might be able to help me. My husband picked up a Kenmore for me at an estate sale and I am wondering if any of you knw where I might get a manual for it. I haven't been able to locate on but then again I am not very computer literate. Thought maybe one of you might have one you would be willing to sell me. All that came with it is one bobbin. I may have some others that will fit it but not sure. It was very clean and had some lint in it and I found some old oil under the bobbin area. Would like to have it serviced just not sure if it is worth it. He did pay a grand total of $10 for it so not out much. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. grammasharon
Old 05-23-2015, 04:45 PM

I just got one at a thrift store thursday and I have cleaned it up and oiled and lubed it and it works like a charm. Soft and a good stitch. You may have to google for a manual. Sometimes they are free if you look hard for it. I am sorry, I don't have a manual.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
I just got one at a thrift store thursday and I have cleaned it up and oiled and lubed it and it works like a charm. Soft and a good stitch. You may have to google for a manual. Sometimes they are free if you look hard for it. I am sorry, I don't have a manual.
Thank you and I am so glad to hear it works well. I looked on line but didn't have any luck with the model number and couldn't find anywhere to contact kenmore about a sewing maching. I will keep looking thanks again.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:45 PM

sears parts direct has some manuals but may have the exploded diagrams if they don't have a manual. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/dap_10153...Type=BRAT_RULE

or try http://www.hammerwall.com/ they have manuals for just about everything. Sewing machines included.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:01 AM

[QUOTE=ann31039;7204902]sears parts direct has some manuals but may have the exploded diagrams if they don't have a manual. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/dap_10153...Type=BRAT_RULE

or try http://www.hammerwall.com/ they have manuals for just about everything. Sewing machines included.

Thank you so much, I tried both site and was unable to locate any. Will just wing it. grammasharon
Old 05-24-2015, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Barny, I have a herd of Kenmore sewing machines, but have never seen that 1000. designation, don't find it at the website for www.searsarchives.com either. When I search for 1000.9714, the closest I can come is a case for one being sold on ebay for about $22, and several posts asking how to thread one. I have one case like that. It contains a 148.1560 that converts to a free-arm. Can you elaborate on the attributes of your 9714?
Old 05-24-2015, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=elnan;7205214]Barny, I have a herd of Kenmore sewing machines, but have never seen that 1000. designation, don't find it at the website for www.searsarchives.com either. When I search for 1000.9714, the closest I can come is a case for one being sold on ebay for about $22, and several posts asking how to thread one. I have one case like that. It contains a 148.1560 that converts to a free-arm. Can you elaborate on the attributes of your 9714?[/QUOTE
elnan, I had a very senior moment when I first posted the request for help. My husband informed me that I was using the case number and not the sewing machine number. Ann 31039 after I found the correct seriel number I was able to find a copy of the manual on the sears site. Thank you so much and each of you for your patience with me. grammasharon.