• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by J Miller
    Steve, Did you get my email with all the pics and specs? Joe
    Joe,

I did. No problem. I am not doing the engraving at this point. I am planning to take mine to the local hallmark engraver. I can make the plate with the odd shaped hole. It the drawing accurate for the hole location and size as well?

Steve
    Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM

Sir Steve, that's a very pretty F&F! Congrats.

I would like to have plates made for the Empress that I posted. Since I don't live that far from you, I could swing by with machine for you to work with. Plus, I would love to see this process of making the plates. Let me know what works best for you and when. The machine isn't running away...at least not today.
    Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
    Banned

[QUOTE=vintagemotif;5963072]I would like to have plates made for the Empress that I posted. Since I don't live that far from you, I could swing by with machine for you to work with. Plus, I would love to see this process of making the plates. Let me know what works best for you and when. /QUOTE]

No problem. I will PM you my cell # and address. I have a going away party to attend on Saturday from 12-4 for student who is leaving for Afghanistan sometime soon... Other than that I am free this weekend.
    Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=SteveH;5963087]
    Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    I would like to have plates made for the Empress that I posted. Since I don't live that far from you, I could swing by with machine for you to work with. Plus, I would love to see this process of making the plates. Let me know what works best for you and when. /QUOTE]

No problem. I will PM you my cell # and address. I have a going away party to attend on Saturday from 12-4 for student who is leaving for Afghanistan sometime soon... Other than that I am free this weekend.

I read the PM thanks. Are you a teacher? Wow Afghanistan, may that student's travels be safe.
    Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
    I am taking the discussion on your machines in the Photo Shop here because we are not suppose to discuss the machines over there!
    Nancy
    Nancy, Thanks for moving the chat - I realized later that I shouldn't have replied there - the machine was so pretty I just had to compliment it before I had a chance to think of where I was at. I apologize to everyone.

Cathy and Miriam, what great enablers you are
    Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Caroline, your VS2 Fiddlebase is in pretty rough shape, but after all it is 124 years old! I'd turn that baby back into a HC - just get rid of those wires that were added! Nancy
    Hmmm. I had not thought of making it a hand crank. I may consider that. And since the machine needs a new paint job I could decorate the hand crank to match.
    Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 AM

Nancy, Did you see this CL post? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atd/3692129313.html
    This treadle is different. It would make a very NICE addition to your small museum.
    Yes, I want you to buy it. I can see it with your collection. It's screaming, Nancy!
    Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
    Banned

I read the PM thanks. Are you a teacher? Wow Afghanistan, may that student's travels be safe.
    I am an IT manager by profession. I teach Kenjutsu (Japanese Sword Combat) and Medieval Armor Making. The gentleman in question is an Advanced student of both. He is also with the 101st. They are most likely going to be the "clean up crew" for the US pull out. NOT an enviable job. (I remember news video of the US leaving Vietnam...)
    Old 03-29-2013, 12:17 PM

Is this a treadle?? I have several of these machines because I love the decal!! Usually, they are electric, but also have at least one hand crank.
    You can make a plate out of clear plastic until you find a plate. Which reminds me that I have a machine that needs that done. This is the machine that needs the clear plastic plates on my machine, or I should say Cathy's since I'm the new steward until Cathy wishes it back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404679[/ATTACH]
    Old 03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by grant15clone
    Miriam, That was in a fire! It may still be smoking. I had one of those for sale for months and it was in fantastic condition.
    ~G~
    Explain????