Anybody sew on a two spool?

Old 11-17-2021, 07:01 PM

raspeary, my usual response for posting pictures:

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
The idea of having a spool instead of a bobbin just fascinates me. I mean, its soooo logical!! So I want to hear about your experience of sewing on one, please.
I have a two spool and I have used it to make a quilt. I loved it. Mine is electric, and the foot pedal has a "wall" on it which keeps my foot in place so I don't always loose my place on the pedal. The spool that fits in the can is a 125 yard spool, which you can't buy anymore, but I have lots of old spools that fit, so I can rewind the spool on the machine. Yes, there is a spool winder on it. You can put whatever you want onto that spool, even 4 ply knitting worsted or ribbon. You can skip the last tension slot on the can, and you can do bobbin work or put any kind of picture. You sew on the wrong side and the pretty stuff goes underneath, on the right side. I also have a Delta Rotary which used the same threading. That was really hard to figure out.