Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Attachments for my "new" Columbus treadle. >

Attachments for my "new" Columbus treadle.

Attachments for my "new" Columbus treadle.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:55 AM

Default Attachments for my "new" Columbus treadle.

Surely not a complete set. The little white thing is plastic, and I have no idea what it is.
Attached Thumbnails sdc14143-1280x960-.jpg  
Old 11-30-2014, 10:21 AM

No idea about the white thing but I love that crazy screwdriver. What's the thing that looks like a key?
Old 11-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
No idea about the white thing but I love that crazy screwdriver. What's the thing that looks like a key?
Kinda silly, but I figured out the little plastic thingy is the top of a spray bottle of something. Duh! There was a bottle of spray lubricant in another drawer and its top was missing. Also a bottle of oil that says nothing about sewing machines on it. Me thinks I will not use it on my sewing machines.
And I think the key thing is a key. How do I know? I don't really know, but I could see that four of the drawers are lockable. They have a slit at the top in front, so something could come down into that slit and lock the drawer.
I don't have the rest of the machine or cabinet here right now, so I will find out more about it later.
I also found a few more feet, two loooong needles, and another key. This key has an tip that is triangular. Never saw one like that before.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:55 PM

the key with the triangle tip is the typical key for a treadle cabinet - some are also square. Singer takes a plan key - more like a screwdriver end. The other key is typical of regular cabinets, and for some parlor style treadle cabinets.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
the key with the triangle tip is the typical key for a treadle cabinet - some are also square. Singer takes a plan key - more like a screwdriver end. The other key is typical of regular cabinets, and for some parlor style treadle cabinets.
Thanks Cathy. When I get the rest of the cabinet here, which might be a while, I'll have to try the keys and find out which works where.