Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
National Two Spool Treadle - Original Attachments >

National Two Spool Treadle - Original Attachments

National Two Spool Treadle - Original Attachments

Old 07-20-2016, 10:45 PM

Default National Two Spool Treadle - Original Attachments

Many of you may remember that a few years ago, I inherited a National Two Spool Treadle Machine. At that time, all I had was the machine, which was complete, but there were no attachments with it.
Macybaby (Cathy from S. Dakota) had provided me with a set of attachments. Then, when going through some more of my aunt's "stuff" I found a lot of screwdrivers and other tools, some of which are very old (I'll photo and post copies when I can find a place to lay out the tools). The next thing I found was the "original" box of attachments, together with the "original" bill of sale on the machine. My scanner is on strike (won't work), so I can't scan that right now, but I will get it scanned and post it. I'm sure that either box of attachments are perfectly okay, but it's neat to find the "originals" and to find the original "bill of sale". This machine (and its attachments) are keepers, that's for sure! Will get those photos posted as soon as I can.

Jeanette
Old 07-21-2016, 08:23 AM
mac

Would love to see it, thanks.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:20 PM

Congratulations on your finds. I have an Eldredge Two Spool which doesn't have many attachments either, but my Mennonite Sewing Guy found it in his shed, and I don't think there is much chance of every finding anything more for it. I have used it to make my Stack 'n' Whack quilt. It works very well.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Mavita, I am very short on knowledge of attachments, but Macybaby (Cathy of South Dakota) is very well versed on attachments. She also has a National Two Spool (I think hers is a National), but it could be an Eldredge. Cathy has an impressive collection of machines. If you are interested in acquiring attachments, I would suggest that you pm Cathy (Macybaby on this forum). What I will do is spread out the attachments and take photos of them and post them. I've got a very large quilt spread all over my dining room right now, so I really don't have a place to spread them out to take the photos. Then, I think it'd be a good idea to compare the "original" attachments to the set of attachments I got from Macybaby. Jeanette