Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Eldridge Rotary Sewing Machine >

Eldridge Rotary Sewing Machine

Eldridge Rotary Sewing Machine

Old 03-05-2022, 04:42 AM

Default Eldridge Rotary Sewing Machine

Greetings. I've just joined, and have been going through the forum, nice to find so many helpful posts and such enthusiasm. I tried, unsuccessfully, to upload a picture with this post. But I did discover a list of Eldridge machines, so I now know it's the Eldridge Rotary IEB sewing machine.
It's in really good condition, and was hardly used, but it doesn't have a manual or any accessories. So I'm concerned about needle replacement, operation, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Old 03-05-2022, 07:19 AM

Welcome to QB. It looks like your machine would take a 20x1. There are a couple of posts about 20x1 needles (as several machines took that size) at Eldredge American Waltham Brunswick Treadle and National Improved Eldredge type B manual?

A lot of people have trouble posting pictures. My stock response:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 03-05-2022, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Welcome to QB. It looks like your machine would take a 20x1. There are a couple of posts about 20x1 needles (as several machines took that size) at Eldredge American Waltham Brunswick Treadle and National Improved Eldredge type B manual?

A lot of people have trouble posting pictures. My stock response:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Thanks for the welcome and the updates on needles and uploading pictures. I found out my machine is a National No R40. I am hopeful that I can get it functioning well so I can use it for my sewing projects, I need to get it looked over, a few small parts.

Glad to be here. Thanks again!
Russell
Old 03-05-2022, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rhamilton View Post
... I am hopeful that I can get it functioning well so I can use it for my sewing projects, I need to get it looked over, a few small parts. ...
Glad I could help, in some small way. There is a manual available for a National 30 at the beginning of the page at http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/streamliner.htm Later in the page it says
Mechanically, the model 30 is identical to National's model R-40
as well as some additional information about these machines.

Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-07-2022, 12:53 PM

it just so happens that I snagged one this weekend. No idea of the model number yet. Power went off to the house when I was tinkering with it. There is some hidden space that really wants oil. I'll find it after a while. anyway, congrats Russell and welcome to the board.
Attached Thumbnails vsm-improved-eldredge-rotary-oil-lamp-face-decal-c.jpg   vsm-improved-eldredge-rotary-oil-lamp-pillar-c.jpg   vsm-improved-eldredge-rotary-front-cleaner-table-extension-c-.jpg   vsm-improved-eldredge-rotary-front-cleaner-faceplate-c.jpg  
Old 03-07-2022, 12:55 PM

Sharp eyes may notice a bed extension at the right side to fit some cabinet better.