Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
"EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW >

"EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW

"EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW

Old 01-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Banned

If the maker has even an ounce of brains thay would be making a 222 clone, THAT would sell like hotcakes....
Old 01-14-2015, 09:45 AM

If you read the ad carefully, the motor is optional. Which means you have to buy it separately? Am I misunderstanding? No wonder it's so underpriced. Look at the 8th picture. That shows the options, on the motors.

Last edited by marshaKay; 01-14-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I think the description is wrong. How can there be a "drop in bobbin" when there is no plate for it to be under? Another thing, look at the first picture; not how far the hang on motor protrudes into what little sewing space there is. Then there is the screws on the end of the motor that act as the light mount, those would snag your fabric horribly. "IF" I collected FW's, I might be tempted to buy one of these to show the difference between the real thing, and the Chinese knock offs. But to sew on .... no. Joe
If you look at the product description, it's not even for this machine. It's for a "Sew Delite". The seller must have chosen to use a stock description and checked the wrong model. Everywhere else in the ad describes the bobbin correctly.

Cari
Old 01-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
If you read the ad carefully, the motor is optional. Which means you have to buy it separately? Am I misunderstanding? No wonder it's so underpriced. Look at the 8th picture. That shows the options, on the motors.
When buying this machine you had the option of a 110v motor or a 220v motor.

Cari
Old 01-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
If the maker has even an ounce of brains thay would be making a 222 clone, THAT would sell like hotcakes....
Yep, I agree.

Cari
Old 01-14-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
http://www.sewsing.com/featherweight221.php

or go to all brands,com or alpha sew ?

my understanding is there so close, just like the 70/80's 15 reporo's that all parts interchange

paint it Rusty O Red add the repro singer decals and Bingo, it's 800$ machine.
Any parts you order "new" for a featherweight these days are made by AlphaSew. This machine is probably from the same factory.

What you suggest would definitely fool some people. The dead giveaway for anyone who's lived with a fw for any amount of time would be the badge and the lack of the proper singer part numbers stamped on the various parts.

I will say, since I have a FW in pieces right now for a painting - it's at the auto body shop right now "being worked on" - that $800 for someone to supply you the machine and do the disassembly and the paint job and the reassembly is a steal of a deal!

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
The description says it has a drop in bobbin.
the pictures say that's a lie though.

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Would it ever! I have a list of people who I'm supposed to call if I ever want to sell mine and it grows almost everytime someone comes into the studio for the first time.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:33 PM

This was a topic of conversation on one of the Facebook sewing machine pages. Those there said this was a pathetic machine and not worth much at all, to save your money.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
That ad looks like it is about 40 years old, though it does say that it comes with a standard sewing machine motor, and a 220-volt motor is available as an option.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 PM

i've sewn on one, it was loud and just not worth the money. I like my quiet FW ever so much better.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:41 PM

While on this FW clone thread, has anyone sewn using a Standard Handysew, GE or otherwise? How does it compare to the Singer FW?