Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by biscuitqueen
My mom bought me my featherweight 2 years ago. I haven't named her, how do you decide what to call your featherweights?
What about calling her your mom's name? ;)
Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 AM

My mother in law gave me hers 3 years ago. It's like brand new in the case. It even has the original oil. It so nice and I was honored to receive it. I'm afraid to use it! I use my portable Brother and a Bernina to quilt with at home.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 AM

amBoo...........a rose by anyother name would smell just as sweet..........yours too........calla
Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM

Craftybear, Yes, I have a featherweight, and love it. I got it at a flea market here in town.
It was quite an accident I got it. I went in looking for one, and just the day before the person selling this one had been in to talk to the flea mkt. people about selling it. So, it was quite a coincidence.
My tech guy who lives in Carthage, about 25 mi. from here, has featherweights he fixes up and sells. I can get the info. to you if you are interested.
He is a very reputable person, and does this as a hobby.
Just pm me if you are interested.
Mariah
Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 AM

Yes, I have a featherweight. It was made in 1942, when they were putting men backt to work following the WW11.
I love it; it gives a perfect stitch, and I can always depend on it.
My tech guy buys f.weights and checks them all out and sells them. He is a very reputable man, and does this as a hobby. I can give you the contact info., if you are interested.
Mariah.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Sorry about the double post. My computer skipped whenI went to send, and I wrote another, thinking it got wiped out.
Sorry.Mariah.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 AM

I have a Featherweight, not sure how to determine the year. I love it very much and am trying to justify getting another one! Anyone have good excuses?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Yes, thanks crafty for starting this thread, I have enjoy reading the posts..........I wondering who has the skill to make a design or applique of a featherweight perhaps a patch to put on a shirt I do have a pin I purshased from a show......but I can't draw and I don't know how to digitize............just thinking.......calla
Old 05-23-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by arbed31
I have a Featherweight, not sure how to determine the year. I love it very much and am trying to justify getting another one! Anyone have good excuses?
Here's a link that can help you find out what year she was born. There is a phone # you can call and also a chart. You just need the serial number off of your machine.

http://singerfeatherweight221.blogsp...herweight.html
Old 05-23-2011, 07:51 AM

I haven't read all the posts yet, but my daughter gave me one in pristine condition for Mother's Day. Her name is Lynn and was born in my birth year - 1936. I looooooove sewing on her.