Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM

You're right. I would have to make some adjustments for them.

Originally Posted by Janis
I think you'll need to make the tote a little larger for the 99. I am also wanting to make a cover for my 99. They are 3/4 size, and I think the FW are 1/2 size. I don't know what size the other machines will need, but it will be a good pattern to start with for all of them.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Google Goddess

cute bag to make for your Featherweight

http://craftyhipster.typepad.com/cra...ight-tote.html
Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 PM

I have a 1947 featherweight (black) that was my mom's and I have the white one also. I keep both of them serviced and ready to use. I love to sew on them. My mom pieced all her quilts on hers after she got to where she could 't piece by hand. Hopefully my granddaughters will take care of them...later on..
Old 09-23-2011, 03:27 PM

That is neat, sak658 to have your mother's featherweight machine and a white one too!! I think it's great to pass them on to grandchildren.
I took mine up with me last week and showed it to my grandchildren. My grandson liked to push on the foot petal and make it sew. He also tried to push down on my foot with his while I was sewing with it to make it go faster!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you have a Featherweight if so plese post here so you can all chit chat with each other. Have fun!

I am still looking for one! I sure hope I can find one this year.

Craftybear
Me too! I am off to a festival tomorrow and keeping my eyes open. Passing the info to my 5 friends who will be there. That is 6 sets of eyes looking! Who knows I might be lucky!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you have a Featherweight if so plese post here so you can all chit chat with each other. Have fun!

I am still looking for one! I sure hope I can find one this year.

Craftybear
Me too! I am off to a festival tomorrow and keeping my eyes open. Passing the info to my 5 friends who will be there. That is 6 sets of eyes looking! Who knows I might be lucky!
Good luck, deedum. I hope you find one!
Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 AM

Best of luck deedum.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:40 AM

I've had mine for years...wouldn't part with her!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:18 PM

Hi Janice: That's my new featherweight. I bought her off eBay by chance for $199. I didn't think I would win the bid but no one bid against me! So I won her. She's like new. I think she was born in 1959. She's a beauty. Came with a little box of attachments and carrying case. I call her "Sweet Pea"!. Sews like a dream. My avatar is a Singer "Spartan". Small like the FW but heavier. Has a strong stitch and is a work horse. I love my old machines even more that the new, fancier one, the Designer 1 by Viking. My desire is to find a Red Eye, Lotus, or Sphynix treadle...that'll be the day!! Thanks for asking and I appreciate you kindness...

Originally Posted by Janis
quiltjoey, You have a beautiful machine there too. What is her name? When was she made? She also looks like new! I like you avitar picture. Can you tell us about that machine too?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 PM

quiltjoey, I can't believe you got your FW so cheaply!!! I've heard, maybe it was in this thread, but to get one cheaper, you need to bid on them in the week as on the weekend more people will see them and bid. your case is in such good shape. The Spartan is cute. How heavy is it? I agree with you in that I really like the old Singers. When I see one, my heart goes 'pitter patter' over them. I really do like the older black machines rather than the newer ones that are tan, etc.
I had found a 15-90 that I liked, and went back to look at it again and to try it out, by hand, nor plugging it in at the time. I knew that the cabinet had been re-varnished, but realized that they had done it to the sewing machine too!! And it had rust in a few places that I didn't think it should have. I passed on it.