Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 PM

I have a black one named Katherine after Katherine Hepburn because she is so small and classy. She was born in 1954. Got her from a member of this board. Love,love,love her.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Janis
valleyquiltermo Your Featherweights are beautiful!! I'm so envious of you. Thank you so very much for showing them to us. But then too, I'm happy that I have one. More in the future???? Maybe, but I think I'd have to really sell my hubby on getting another one.... Someday.....
Thank you so very much I sure love them. When my 1950 centennial comes in I'll have to name her.
My 3 nieces ages are 9,3 and 1 years old, my GD's age is 9yrs I got them all the mint green ones they call white.
Now collecting the feet for them.
I am done now collecting machines. Well unless I see one dirt cheap and it is calling my name to rescue it, lOL
Old 09-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
I have a black one named Katherine after Katherine Hepburn because she is so small and classy. She was born in 1954. Got her from a member of this board. Love,love,love her.
I love Katherine Hepburn she is a GREAT actress. Love her movies.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 AM

Just doing the Happy Dance!! Mine has just arrived!! She looks good so far, just needs a little TLC!! Doesn't look as tho she has had a lot of use, the decals/paintwork are immaculate!! She needs 'new shoes' and will get the electrics checked out! The case is in good condition and doesn't appear to have that 'musty' smell some of you have issues with!!! I am going to call her Graciebelle (Gracie after grandma who taught me to sew as a 6yr old) and 'belle' after my special fiend Izy (Issabelle!) who found her on e-bay!!!! Here's a few photos! This is just how she arrived!!

'Graciebelle' in all her glory
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256101[/ATTACH]

original manual
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256103[/ATTACH]

Original box and keys
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256104[/ATTACH]

New shoes needed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256106[/ATTACH]

This will need a bit of a clean!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256107[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256095.jpe   attachment-256097.jpe   attachment-256098.jpe   attachment-256100.jpe   attachment-256101.jpe  

Old 09-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Just doing the Happy Dance!! Mine has just arrived!! She looks good so far, just needs a little TLC!! Doesn't look as tho she has had a lot of use, the decals/paintwork are immaculate!! She needs 'new shoes' and will get the electrics checked out! The case is in good condition and doesn't appear to have that 'musty' smell some of you have issues with!!! I am going to call her Graciebelle (Gracie after grandma who taught me to sew as a 6yr old) and 'belle' after my special fiend Izy (Issabelle!) who found her on e-bay!!!! Here's a few photos! This is just how she arrived!!
Doesn't she look a picture! That table is just her size :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was only too pleased to help you dear friend :-D :-D :-D
Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 AM

Just checked out the serial no. on my FW and the date is 13th June 1956. One of 5000 made in Scotland :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Just checked out the serial no. on my FW and the date is 13th June 1956. One of 5000 made in Scotland :thumbup: :thumbup:
I was so tickled that Graciebelle and I share a birthday, what's the odd's in that!

:thumbup:
Old 09-13-2011, 12:04 PM

CoventryUK, You have a treasure there!!! She is a beauty, and I like her name. Wow!! That case is in great shape. I think you are right in the fact that she hadn't been used much. Be sure and oil her if she seems to need it. Once you get that thread nest cleaned out, she should be ready to go. I know you will really enjoy her. Congratulations on your new little machine.
I just noticed that she came with an old oil can. Keep that as an antique, but get new to use on her. I'm so jealous of the great instruction manual you got with her. I got a newer one with my old machine, and would like one from the 1930-40's to go with my machine.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Graciebelle is beautiful, thanks ever so much for sharing her.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM

Thanks Janis! There is also a tube of lubrication for the motor which has hardly been used!!! Lots of different feet too!!! Will need to study that little manual and also the dedicated Singer site!! I also know a very good local mechanic so may need to pick his brains too!! An exciting new chapter in my sewing life!!!!

oil tin and lube tube!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256200[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256194.jpe