Free Treadle Sewing Machine

Old 12-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
It takes a 15X1 that you can get any where.
That makes it even sweeter
Old 12-21-2014, 09:17 AM

I'm glad to see you're willing to save it anyway. It would be a real loss for it to be scrapped. I understand about space being at a premium. It is here too. It doesn't take long to fill your house with machines. Still, that one is nice enough it's worth making room for it.
Rodney
Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I'm glad to see you're willing to save it anyway. It would be a real loss for it to be scrapped. I understand about space being at a premium. It is here too. It doesn't take long to fill your house with machines. Still, that one is nice enough it's worth making room for it.
Rodney
Space is tight here, too but I re-homed a bunch and I can see the floor in places - I'd still rescue something like that one.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:28 AM

I wonder whether the title of this thread might not tell the whole story. Maybe no-one is coming forward because they think it's a Free(Westinghouse) treadle and not free (no cost).....?

Also, once you have it, you can put an ad on CL and re-home it - like a foster machine.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:01 AM

I'd adopt it in a heartbeat if I could get it here. But it's way to far for me to go get it, and like the previous poster said, I can't afford freight. Drat!

Joe
Old 12-21-2014, 11:17 AM

I was really curious about what a two spool was so I googled it and oh boy is that an amazing machine. Now I want one, lol! I figured never would I probably see one in my neck of the woods so I was blown away to see one on CL within 2 hours of me! It was gorgeous too but it must have sold because I couldn't get the listing to pull up right. Soooo....I hope one of our vintage friends on here picked it up! Anyone get one in the past few weeks?
Old 12-21-2014, 11:57 AM

The Standard is one of my favorites, and that is based on looks LOL!

I love the mechanisms of the cabinet too, quite different than most.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by sews View Post
I wonder whether the title of this thread might not tell the whole story. Maybe no-one is coming forward because they think it's a Free(Westinghouse) treadle and not free (no cost).....?

Also, once you have it, you can put an ad on CL and re-home it - like a foster machine.
I thought of that too after I posted it so I went into edit mode but it doesn't allow you to change the title, just the content.

I've never had a good experience when I've put an ad on craigslist. When I answer an ad, I show up when I say I'm going to, I communicate, I've always gone with the intention of purchasing and have never not purchased the item I went to look at. On the other hand, when I put an ad up ALL the crazies/scammers come out of the woodwork.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Rodney
I'm sure I'll love it once I see it. I actually only have 3 sewing machines at home. My art studio space is a whole other story, I'm in the triple digits as far as my sewing machine collection is concerned. So being able to work, heck even walk is troublesome. I'm doing more "collecting" than "making". Oh well, that's fine I'll figure something out and make room for it. Besides, it will be another one to learn how to repair/restore :-)
Old 12-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

The latest scam on CL is to try to get you to email their personal email. If you go through the CL email you should be ok - if they want to know if the 'item' is still there is is a scam, too. Eventually the right wonderful people will show up and take it off your hands.