Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot >

Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot

Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot

Old 06-24-2023, 03:28 PM

Actually, there is another link for 38y1 needles that in the description it gives the size and other equivalent systems including CC1221 https://www.ebay.com/itm/32567026661...UAAOSwzDRkcMnB

I refer to the CC1221, 15x1, 206x13 as a needle system. It does get very confusing. I'm pretty sure that the 206x13 and CC1221 and some of the others were only with one point - equivalent to modern day sharps. The other points came about when more knits came into being to be used for home sewing. Actually, I think that there may have been some other points for industrial machines.

Kind of interesting the link for the "Free" needles on ebay on have the letter B on them. According to the chart at https://ismacs.net/needle_and_shank/...lat-shank.html there is a column for the various manufacturers of needles and all the "Free" are double alphabet.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 06-24-2023 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by murphyj10 View Post
Hello - I'm trying to locate a zipper foot (or cording foot - what the manual calls it) for my Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine Model ALB.

I inherited this machine from my grandmother and love it dearly but almost all accessories were lost over the years. Any suggestions about where to look for this foot beyond eBay would be appreciated!

Would other brands fit this brand/model?

I attached pictures of my current foot setup which is the only one I have. It makes for sewing zippers on close to impossible.

Free Westinghouse and New Home Rotary attachments come in a white and blue box that has Rotary Attachments printed on the cover, Also if you remove your presser foot the rectangular opening where it attaches to the sewing machine is very narrow. No other attachments are that narrow by far. Perhaps a zipper foot can be found in a set. You might have to modify a presser foot though. I've had Free zipper foots before but they are uncommon.