Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot >

Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot

Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot

Old 01-02-2021, 07:27 AM

Default Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine ALB - Zipper/Cording Foot

Hello - I'm trying to locate a zipper foot (or cording foot - what the manual calls it) for my Free-Westinghouse Sewing Machine Model ALB.

I inherited this machine from my grandmother and love it dearly but almost all accessories were lost over the years. Any suggestions about where to look for this foot beyond eBay would be appreciated!

Would other brands fit this brand/model?

I attached pictures of my current foot setup which is the only one I have. It makes for sewing zippers on close to impossible.
Attached Thumbnails above02.jpg   sideview02.jpg  
Old 01-02-2021, 03:16 PM

The manual I have for an ALB does list three zipper (cording) feet for left, right and double. However, it is listed in the last pages for Parts, but is not shown how to use it in the instruction part of the manual. This usually means that it did not come with the original attachment box with the machine. Sometimes one can find feet that didn't come with a machine in lots of sewing machine parts on ebay. One needs to know for sure what it actually looks like and be lucky. It may take a while. Another source would be etsy or someplace like https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Fre...orks/907286545

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)