Frister-Rossmann Hand crank

Old 12-02-2017, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Wow, what a beauty! Lucky, lucky you!
Ditto, what she said. I could be wrong, but I don't think those attachments go with that machine. Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:12 PM

The closest I could find was this manual. I'm gessing your machien was made around 1900 to 1910, but I'm not an expert at all. I found something on this page too. The winder is a bit different, but the slide plate and transverse shutle is very similar. It's not often the decals and lacquer is in this good condition on the old machines. It's a find and this good condition hardly ever turns up unless you start collecting and keep your eyes out for years and years. These type of decals could be found up until the 1920s and even into the 30s, but gradually simpler and simpler. I could not make sense of the serial number. WWII sat a complete stopper for these type of machines, but by then other models with improvements and different design had long taken over.

It looks like the accessories is for a different machine, I can spot a side clamping screw on your machine and the accessories have a different fitting. The larger attachments looks very intersting, is at a zigagger?

Last edited by Mickey2; 12-02-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:20 PM

Have you pulled the far left slide even farther to see if you have a shuttle and bobbin. Great gift to receive. Wonder what the letter is on the pillar..?
Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
The closest I could find was this manual. I'm gessing your machien was made around 1900 to 1910, but I'm not an expert at all. I found something on this page too. The winder is a bit different, but the slide plate and transverse shutle is very similar. It's not often the decals and lacquer is in this good condition on the old machines. It's a find and this good condition hardly ever turns up unless you start collecting and keep your eyes out for years and years. These type of decals could be found up until the 1920s and even into the 30s, but gradually simpler and simpler. I could not make sense of the serial number. WWII sat a complete stopper for these type of machines, but by then other models with improvements and different design had long taken over.

It looks like the accessories is for a different machine, I can spot a side clamping screw on your machine and the accessories have a different fitting. The larger attachments looks very interesting, is at a zigagger?
I think you all are correct that the accessories do not go with this machine. As to 'something' being a zigagger" did you mean zigzagger? Your guess is probably even better than mine as I have no clue what any of the attachments are. Words like side plate and transverse shuttle are Greek to me. You all are giving me so much help and I thank you.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Have you pulled the far left slide even farther to see if you have a shuttle and bobbin. Great gift to receive. Wonder what the letter is on the pillar..?
Leonf.. I have not discovered a far left slide to see if there is a shuttle and bobbin. :-( There is a large 'K' that you can see in my second picture that is on the inside of the larger side on the right. Is that called the pillar? I feel like I am in uncharted territory with this machine.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:30 PM

Under the presser foot, move material...see T shape slide plates. One on left is access to shuttle but be careful when sliding open so shuttle doesn't eject.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Oh my... what a prize!! It's so beautiful and like new. Those are fine German made machines. I've only seen one in person before and I agonized that I couldn't buy it. It was just too expensive.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:55 PM

I have this F and R and it is my go to machine. Hand crank is very smooth. The best stitches and wonderful engineering on this and puts Singer to shame.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:45 AM

This is my Frister and Rossmann.[ATTACH=CONFIG]584704[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails frister-rossmann-003.jpg  
Old 12-03-2017, 07:21 AM

Yours are in exceptional shape too Glenn. The ones I come across have a two millimeter layer of so called patina (grime and dirt), decals are sort of a guess of what they might have been. Yellow lillies with art nouveau swirly lines. I was once in an Austrian appartment building, and they stain glass windows and hall way were elegantly decorated with similar style ornaments, but still on the simple side, nothing excessivly.