Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Generic Foot pedal for Bernina Record 830 >

Generic Foot pedal for Bernina Record 830

Generic Foot pedal for Bernina Record 830

Old 08-01-2016, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
DH is working on the 830 Record he got with a bad motor. He's messing with it and discovered the problem is a fried capacitor that sits right under the motor. He determined that it is there to provide constant power to the light (so it does not change with the speed) and also the speed control lever. So if you are having problems with uncontrolled speed, it could be that capacitor, and nothing to do with the foot pedal.
I threw the original foot away and bought a generic off Ebay. Which now just sits in drawer..
Old 08-01-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I purchased a Bernina Record 830 for $125 and it sew beautifully. The only thing is it only goes at a very fast speed. I read in the manual about adjusting the pedal speed but turning the small screw on the back but that doesn't seem to work on this pedal. I am wondering if a generic pedal will work on a Bernina Record 830 machine. I have a spare foot pedal that came on a JC Penny machine is will be used for parts only.
I have an extra generic foot controller that I used for a very very short time to a Bernina 830 Record. I would sell for a reasonable price plus mailing from Iowa. Macybaby got my machine(lucky girl) PM me if interested. Jo Anne
Old 08-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

The foot pedal seems to be one of the first things that goes out on the 830. I replaced mine twice with used pedals. I hope you can find something that works to your satisfaction. Such a nice machine.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:37 AM

I found a bernina 801 sport a few months ago with a grey Bernina pedal - it would only operate at warp speed - just zoomed!!! I took it to a dealer and they said that although the pedal had the correct connector ends for the machine, it was for the next series of berninas (1000s +) and was therefore too high powered for the 801. If he is right, I'm hoping to take it to another OLS and possibly do some type of trade for the correct pedal.

Anyone know the serial # for the correct pedal for the 800 series or where to go on the internet to find out?
Old 08-03-2016, 05:10 PM

You need to replace the capacitor in the foot control. It's a matter of using the soldering gun to remove the capacitor and then re-solder a new one in. We were getting out capacitors from Radio Shack, but don't know where to get them now. I had stocked up, but we're out. When that foot control needs to be replaced, we wire in an "Electronic" foot control -- part #001352109. It looks tacky, but works great.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Banned

Annette, Radio Shack is back online.
https://www.radioshack.com/

Cari
Old 08-06-2016, 04:47 PM

Thanks, Cari!