Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Gifted with Minnesota Model B that needs restoration >

Gifted with Minnesota Model B that needs restoration

Gifted with Minnesota Model B that needs restoration

Old 08-02-2017, 09:46 AM

Hey Everyone! Today I got stitches from my Ugly Duckling Minnesota B. It has been a over a year with many many obstacles to overcome and wait for. But I want to thank everyone that helped me get things going. I posted some photos of before. When the cabinet comes back I'll post another set of after photos. Good things come to those who wait. Right?
Old 08-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grammahunt View Post
Hey Everyone! Today I got stitches from my Ugly Duckling Minnesota B. It has been a over a year with many many obstacles to overcome and wait for. But I want to thank everyone that helped me get things going. I posted some photos of before. When the cabinet comes back I'll post another set of after photos. Good things come to those who wait. Right?
congrats! it's surely been a journey
Old 10-27-2017, 02:29 PM

Oh, and the saga continues. The machine cabinet (it must have been a beautiful parlor cabinet) for my Minnestoa B needed some restoration. We had already had some cabinetry made by a local man, so enlisted his assistance. Oh and he was very excited about being involved in the project! Then he got a divorce. Then he moved across the country. It has been over a year since I took the cabinet to him. And now instead of half done he tells me he never started it and may not know where all the pieces are! But he promises I will have it back before Christmas--in its original condition. That condition was fairly sad so anything is better than nothing. Wish me luck. This has been a very long process.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:44 PM

I can't see any photos on this thread. Is it somewhere else?
Old 10-30-2017, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I'm not knowledgeable about treadles, but yes, there is value in the shuttle and bobbins. I have a hand crank machine that needs a shuttle. It is $65.00 from Helen Howe (and she asks you not to buy it if you aren't going to use it). I assume that was plus freight. I don't think it included the bobbin.
bkay

bkay, What do you need the shuttle/bobbin for?
Old 10-30-2017, 02:18 PM

Actually, I thought I needed a shuttle for that hand crank I sent you. I didn't look in the compartment.

So, I no longer need one. Thanks anyway.

bkay
Old 08-20-2018, 10:09 AM

It has been a very long haul to get this Minnesota B working, but It is 99% done.
The person that was going to fix up the cabinet moved to Arkansas. After almost 2 years I find he hadn't so much as dusted it off. So we made a quick trip from Michigan to Arkansas and retrieved the cabinet. Almost immediately we found found an Amish person close by that fixed up the cabinet and repainted the head. It is in the cabinet and makes a stitch. Not perfect but at least now it is assembled, looking pretty, and I can work on the functions. Thank you all for your encouragement.[ATTACH=CONFIG]599804[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599805[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1500.jpg   minnesotab-cabinet.gif   minnieb.gif  
Old 08-20-2018, 01:10 PM

Whew! I admire your dedication to getting it back into beautiful shape. That's a long trip. Even for a parlor cabinet.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Banned

That is beautiful. A long journey but oh so worth it. I personally thank you for taking the journey instead of scrapping it.

Cari
Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM

That's such a pretty cabinet!