Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Golden Star machine by AG Mason >

Golden Star machine by AG Mason

Golden Star machine by AG Mason

Old 10-30-2016, 07:54 AM

Default Golden Star Manual

Hi,

I just inherited an A.G. Mason "Golden Star" sewing machine from my grandmother. My machine looks just like yours, but has a few pieces missing that I am trying to track down. The main thing I need though is a manual so that I can set up and operate it. I saw in your posting that you have a manual and was wondering if you could share photos of its pages with me. I haven't been able to find this manual anywhere online. I would very much appreciate your help!

PS - The pieces I am missing are the shuttle/bobbin and the cover plate that slides in over the slot in the base where you load in the shuttle. - I have found online a source for these parts for a White sewing machine and was wondering if anyone out there knows if the White parts will fit on the Mason Golden Star.

Thanks!

Joy

Originally Posted by ndnchf View Post
Well I'm glad to hear from some who owns one because I just bought it! It is in really great shape, including the cabinet. It came with a box full of attachments and the original manual. The shuttle is inside, but there is only one bobbin. How do I identify which bobbin it is, so I know what to look for?

I'm excited to get this little jewel. It just needs a gentle cleaning, lubrication and a new belt.

Cathy - can you offer any tips for setting it up and using it? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:23 AM

My AG Mason manual has been pdf'd and is available for download from the VSS. http://www.victoriansweatshop.com/po...pid=1292936149