Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I Got One!!! A Singer 15-91(?) >

I Got One!!! A Singer 15-91(?)

I Got One!!! A Singer 15-91(?)

Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
That foot controller looks like the Touch & Sew controller. Look on the bottom to see if if there is a removable plug. If so, you remove it, and there will be a screw that you can remove to access the insides.
I looked under the controller there's a rubber mat that's glued down. But I can feel a circle underneath where i presume the screw would be.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Congrats on getting the 15-91.... Yeah!! I have a couple and love them for FMQ. I have one at the summer house and one at the winter house, I love them so much. I had to put on new wire on one of them going from the plug to the foot controller but didn't have to rewire the motor, thank goodness. I know people here will help you if you need that.

Mine were both in cabinets so I didn't have to deal with a case.... and I also think the controller is not the original but if it works, that's okay. I'm sure you're going to get lots of comments that will help you. You've come to the right place.
Thanks!! I would love to find a cabinet for her. Pulling her from her oddly shaped case is a bit much. She's a hefty gal. But hey at least the case is doing it's job well. *wink* I like the idea of FMQ maybe i'll purchase a darning foot and see what goes eh?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Nanna, can you tell me how you FMQ with this machine? What foot do you use and what about lowering the feed dogs?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by masufa View Post
Nanna, can you tell me how you FMQ with this machine? What foot do you use and what about lowering the feed dogs?
Use a plain old low shank darning foot and there's a screw under the bed toward the front that you can loosen and it will drop the feed dogs.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
Use a plain old low shank darning foot and there's a screw under the bed toward the front that you can loosen and it will drop the feed dogs.
here's a blog post on how to lower the feed dogs:http://journal.ummishouse.com/archives/222 it's really easy.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:51 AM

I'm debating on purchasing cloth covered wire... it would be an interesting look on an old singer like this. Maybe from Sundial Wires http://www.sundialwire.com/