I Have Angered The Wife.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I don't think she knows we have 12 machines now. I try not to have them in the same place at the same time.
Rodney
My place is probably smaller, and I just bragged to the missus that I now only have 21 machines. Things were starting to get a bit cramped when it reached 26 a few weeks ago
Old 07-24-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
My place is probably smaller, and I just bragged to the missus that I now only have 21 machines. Things were starting to get a bit cramped when it reached 26 a few weeks ago
Now don't lets start talking numbers! I do NOT count. I'm ok with what is here, hubby seems fine..I try to balance machines that come in by sending some out. It's been a good month. 2 came in, 3 went out. So far, I am winning.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:13 PM

I'm glad that you posted pics of your 'new' machines. I get picked on a little for one of the old singer's I bought. I didn't know what it was, it's rusty and is a treadle, no cabinet. After reading tips on cleaning I wiped it all down and found it has a fairly nice finish and the pretty gold peacock emblems. I compared your 27 with this one and they look alike except for the rust on mine. So maybe what I have is a 27!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:04 AM

Oil have to correct, the bird on my 27 is probably a pheasant,not a peacock.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:22 AM

Can you post pics? We love pictures here. The square icon that's third from the left when you're writing a post is what you use. The birds are a little funny looking. Honestly they could be anything. I'm not sure how it was decided that they were pheasants.
Who's giving you grief about your machine? When you're done restoring it, it'll be prettier than anything you can buy new and will most likely make a nicer looking stitch while it's at it.
I've just started restoring the treadle on the 27 that I bought this one as a parts machine for. I'll post some of my progress on it later today.
Rodney
Old 08-02-2014, 09:57 AM

When I get a new computer, you might be sorry you asked for pictures. The kindle I use for getting on line can't load pics. I get a little joking from husband for buying the 27, back before I knew anything about old machines. I just liked it and wanted to try to bid and buy on eBay. It was my first purchase and had no idea what to do with it. There's a sad looking treadle stand at the junk shop for $20, missing drawers, no machine, rough finish. I'd like to save it. I can see how you get in trouble with the Mrs when there are so many machines that you can help.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Yeah, space becomes the issue around here. I love machines in cabinets. I'm glad all is well for you now. I would have to bring home a treadle with those pheasant decals, too.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:21 PM

I don't want to get your wife angry again but GW has a white like yours for sale and the sale ends soon. I think it is up in you area.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-17414052.html
Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM

It's about an hour north of me and looks to be in much better shape too.
I've pretty much blown my budget for new machines at the moment and need to stay on my wife's good side for a while too. I'm going concentrate on getting my two treadle projects up and running before I try too hard to bring any more machines home. It's also getting harder to justify new machines when they don't do anything more than what I can already do.
Rodney
Old 08-03-2014, 06:48 PM

I, to have an old machine that the wheel turns but the needle will not move. I oiled it and sprayed it and forgot it and still no go. I will get inspired soon to work on it some more. I sure is a purty little thang.
As for bringing in another machine, "Oh that, I have had it for awhile." At least it always works for me when DH asks if that is new. He does not need to know how long I have had it, now does he, unless he specifically asks, which he never has.