Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I have officially joined the Featherweight club >

I have officially joined the Featherweight club

I have officially joined the Featherweight club

Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 AM

I got my order from Nova Montgomery's site last night, so I am all set to get her all cleaned up and re-greased this weekend and then I intend to put her to work doing some piecing!

I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my new little one. I even splurged and bought Nova's bolt-on fabric guide and an LED bulb so I am all set!

I was showing off a picture of her to one of my friends at work, and one of the guys who likes to tease me about my sewing machine obsession saw it and started giving me a hard time (in a friendly joking way) and then suddenly he stopped, leaned in for a better look and exclaimed, "Well hold on a second here...that looks just like the machine my Mom had! Did it come in a little black box?" and when I confirmed that he got all starry-eyed and started reminiscing about watching his mother sew on her FW at the kitchen table.

I thought that was pretty funny (and sweet)...he started to tease me but got caught up in the joy of old machines himself! LOL (I asked; his sister has their Mom's machine now. I let him know that if they ever want to get rid of it I'd be happy to take it off their hands!)