I lost the screws!

Old 08-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Default I lost the screws!

Been looking high and low and I can not find the 8 screws to put the legs back on the sewing cabinet!

We took the legs off when we bought this so we could hall it home in the car. It's been sitting out in the shed for a while and I decided I'd put them all where they belong until I was ready to refinish them, instead of having machines and cabinet parts all over.

I do have some for a different cabinet I can use - and hopefully they will show up at some point (before I need them for that cabinet). After all - while looking I finally found the bag that had the 12 small screws for the door hinges for another cabinet that I could not find several months ago. I ended up using ones off a donor cabinet I have (was "repurposed" but has lot of decent veneer I can use). Hmmm- that cabinet still has it's legs on - maybe I can find some screws there too!

Off to another trip to the "machine shed" hehehe!
Old 08-03-2013, 01:56 PM

Take the screw that works to a 'local' hardware store that has a nut and bold aisle. They should be able to help you find additional screws just like the one you have.

Good Luck
Nan - IN
Old 08-03-2013, 02:00 PM

That didn't work - is the box style where the legs screw into the base of the cabinet.

I'm starting to wonder if I've got a bag of "stuff" somewhere I misplaced. Normal routine was to empty all the drawers and put that into a ziplock bag, then take out the machine and put any other screws or parts into the bag for safe keeping. I was sure I had them all sorted - but I did find one today I missed. Lots of bobbins and a screwdriver, but nothing more exciting in with all the thread spools.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 PM

Yep you put them in a safe place so you wouldn't loose them..LOL Been there, done that way too many times..

Elaine
Old 08-03-2013, 05:22 PM

I've got a sack of rollers for the leg of my cutting table. Put them in a drawer. I find them occasionally, but if I ever want them, too bad. I'll never find them. Oh, well.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:17 PM

It turns out I lost the 8 screws for BOTH cabinets. Ended up going to Menards to get some. I hate going into town right now - Sturgis Rally starts Monday and the biker traffic is pretty intense. Only time of the year I can stand in the yard and hear the rumble from the interstate 4 miles away.

I got the cabinet up, and then decided it was not going to work like I hoped. It looks like I'll be able to use the cabinet that the 3/4 size case fits in, but we need to change the one side. I've removed the original and we'll cut a replacement so my cord will fit. That way we can easily put the cabinet back to original.

Also decided to look for a different cabinet for DH's open arm machines. Turns out he can't put any of them in the cabinet but the singer as all the others have the cord out the back side. I'll look for a Non-Singer cabinet, then I won't feel so bad making modifications to it LOL!!