Info Needed Please

Old 08-26-2023, 05:48 AM

I don't think the cabinet adds anything. There area a few people into blonde mid century modern, but not many. Focus your photos on the machine. Use lots of close ups in your ad. That machine will fit into most any cabinet (not kenmore or sears).

If you are interested in advertising it as a treadle, post some close-ups of that end of the machine and someone will be able to tell you.

bkay
Old 08-26-2023, 10:40 AM

Thank you for your comment and info...
Old 08-27-2023, 08:15 AM

I know nothing about older machines in general, I just wanted to add my two cents worth about the treadle. Having a person-powered machine is a HUGE selling point to a certain segment of the sewing and quilting population.

I have a friend whose 93 year old mother died. She had an old hand-crank Singer that he inherited. He thought it was garbage because he couldn't imagine that anyone would want a machine that's not run by electricity. He was going to take it to the dump. I just about had a heart attack. Practically yanked it out of his hands, cleaned it up, took good pics, sold it on FB Marketplace for $200. He was blown away when I gave him the cash. There are a LOT of people who sew in RVs, long-haul truckers, cabins-in-the-woods, etc who are looking for non-electric sewing machines.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:11 AM

Great info...
Old 08-27-2023, 10:36 AM

While prices went way up during Covid, they seem to have dropped down quite a bit to what I would consider normal again. Personally, I love the Morse machines as being easy to work on as well as easy to work with. I have a Remington which is virtually identical mechanically but not as zippy in style. Typically they do the straight stitch for quilter-use very well and can handle heavy duty sewing like multiple seams or heavy fabrics like upholstery. The aqua color is a plus, some people like them as decor pieces. I'd say no real benefit or extra income on the stand, it can even be a negative -- a lot of people may have room for a sewing machine but not the cabinet.

My estimate in the Seattle area (where I just moved from) would be only $20-40 dollars at garage sales or thrift store prices but again, you never know.

When putting it up for sale, having the attachments and/or maybe even a manual can be a huge plus. You should include a picture of the throat plate (where the needle goes in) and any accessories you have for it (plates, feet, etc.). Having both the straight and zigzag throats and feet can make a big difference.
Old 08-27-2023, 11:34 AM

Thanks for your info...