Machine Identification

Old 07-02-2014, 03:55 PM

Does anyone who has worked with these Japanese clone machines have an idea of how difficult it would be to fix/find parts/accessories? Do you think it would be possible to find feet for them (I'm having trouble getting an idea of what kind they take, hopefully your generic slant/non-slant etc. would work). I've never fixed up a machine before, so that's why I'm really unsure what I'm getting into. I've also found a Brother Select-o-Matic that's pretty nice looking, though doesn't have the "it" factor that the American Beauty I posted does. Something about that machine just draws me to it. My concern stems from that I can even find any American Beauty Machines on eBay to learn more about them. Or if I should scoop it up now (if I can get a much better price) and hold onto it until I can figure things out.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

They likely take low shank attachments. If not try high shank. The extra high shank and the slant shank won't be what you need. Yes both low and high are readily available.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:35 PM

Thanks Miriam!

I'm hopefully going to go and take a look at in person soon. I've joined the vintage Japanese badged machine Yahoo group (though don't seem to be approved yet) and have been through all the Deluxe Zig Zag manuals on sewusa. I also emailed Zorba because he has what looks to me to be the same machine. I'm hoping the cord isn't too badly damaged and that I can get a reasonable price...
Old 07-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Power Poster

Sew-classic has cords and foot pedals, accessories, bobbins, new bobbin tires, and what ever else you want
Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 PM

Thanks Miriam, I've bookmarked that site!

No go on that machine - couldn't get to a price I was comfortable with considering I don't know whether it'd ever get working.

I do seem to be in a desert for Japanese machines and Rocketeers! I did find a two Stradivaros , one a couple hours away that I like, just waiting to get some more details.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:51 AM

Yeah, looks EXACTLY the same as mine... I haven't played with mine yet so I couldn't tell you how good they are, only I'm very glad I bought mine as I think it looks amazing (mine was $50). I probably have the same weakness as you Here is the pic of my machine, badged "Myer Deluxe" in Australia for one of our major department stores http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post6656526