Machine Shed - part two

Old 08-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Oh my, Miriam, we have lots of wildlife around here, but it's "zoned" residential. In truth, there's more undeveloped land in this area than there is developed land. By zoning regulation, you can't have chickens, etc., but, of course, how are you going to tell the fox, bob cats, skunks, etc. that they can't live where they have for many, many years! This development is comprised of 6,100 +- acres, with each building site being a minimum of 1 acre (we have a little over 2 acres). Oh, we also have cuyotes out here -- you can't have a cat and leave them outside (safely) 'cause the cuyotes will kill them! We also have beautiful owls which we enjoy. The owls are very good at keeping the field rat population down. The squirrels are real pests. We strung Christmas lights down our driveway fence on both sides, and the squirrels chewed up the bulbs, and the wire, etc. They've also gotten under the hood of my car and chewed the wires and chewed holes in the vacuum system of the car. My son calls them "rats" in cute costumes -- to me they're just pests! Miriam, I'm sorry your DH caught the skunk perfume!

Cathy, you're going to love your Large Shed!

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 08-28-2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: correcting some wording
Old 08-29-2015, 05:59 AM

This is looking very good and out in the country too. I grew up in the country and now we live sort of in a country setting with woods on the North of our 2 acres.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM

What a great place for your machines. Enjoy seeing your museum now and in the future!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:21 AM

You're going to have it made in the shade, Macybaby! Nice to have a spot of your own!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Loving the photos of the progress! Here in Corpus Christi, people have chickens and goats in the city.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:02 PM

Very nice and lucky you, you have a handy DH. So happy for you and love watching the progress of the building and finished product.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
Miriam, I'm sorry your DH caught the skunk perfume! Jeanette
it was my son-in-law
I'm thinking he burned the coat........
Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Loving the photos of the progress! Here in Corpus Christi, people have chickens and goats in the city.
My daughter tried it here in Indianapolis - it's legal but there are less people driving by ogling the goats in the country... One day the neighbor boys decided to let the kid goats explore the neighborhood.... She said it was pretty funny when she had to drive with all the children in the car plus two kid goats with the heads out the window... Then one day the two guys that lived two doors down brought a rooster over and wanted to know if they could buy a hen to keep the rooster company......... SIL said sure - sold them the one that didn't produce for twice the going rate.......... (just because a skunk sprayed him doesn't mean he is totally stupid...) I'm thinking the fowl are still there judging by the noise every morning.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:17 AM

Cathy, I hope you get an air conditioner in there. I bought some really nice led shop lights that I am hoping to put up in my garage "shop" . I thought of your long arm when I got them.
Love that you are expanding.
HelenAnn
Old 08-31-2015, 04:06 AM

It’s nice to step out on the patio in the morning just before day light and hear a rooster crowing across our small rural Oklahoma town. I don’t know how the people feel that live right next door to the rooster, but it sounds good from my distance. There are several people that have chickens here in town.

Someone went on a rampage and eliminated all of the homeless cats in this neighborhood. Now we’re overrun with cottontail rabbits, the first time we’ve had them since we’ve lived here for 20-some years. They usually keep the dogs in the neighborhood barking at them off and on, including mine. That sometimes keeps me from hearing the roosters, which I like better than dogs barking.

CD in Oklahoma