Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Meet 'Charlee', a 1920 Singer 66-1 (Pic heavy) >

Meet 'Charlee', a 1920 Singer 66-1 (Pic heavy)

Meet 'Charlee', a 1920 Singer 66-1 (Pic heavy)

Old 03-08-2012, 07:03 AM

WOW!!!!! Charlee is so beautiful. I love those Red Eye Singers. I have one too. Yous is in a lot better shape than mine. You did a great job, congrats to you and Charlee. What a great name, lol....and She is a great GAL!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to the QB but have joined two swaps already-Monthy Quilt Block and Quilt for Quilters swap. I would like to comment on one thing that stands out to me -folks are very friendly and willing to help out the new-comers, either that, you all have a blast watching us 'new kids' with our learning curves <bg>.

Dh and I love to haunt the local antique malls for a hobby. Last week we spied two machines that piqued my interest and I knew just where to go for information. Having been a visitor to the Vintage Machines forum, I knew who I wanted to turn to for guidance, someone knowledgable and fun. So I shot off an e-mail to Charlee asking if she would help me regarding evaluating the machines and reliable resources that I could learn from - and she did. Fast forward.

I made the decision to go for the 66-1. It called to me. DH goes to pick her up and I wait at home for what seems an eternity. When eventually he turns the corner to come up the drive I spy not one, but TWO machines in the bed of the p-up! Nope, you'll have to wait to find out what the other one is :-)

Since last Wednesday I have been steadily working on bringing back some of her luster. I lovingly tease her cabinet falls under 'Section 8' housing, but really, it's not too bad. Don't get me wrong, it's not great and dh is going to give it a go with some glue and clamps. She wasn't horribly dirty or gunked up -Thanks Muv! Your tut on You Tube was a huge confidence booster!. We need to get a belt and bobbin ring, other than that, she's good to go. I'm giddy with excitement to hear her purr. I absolutely enjoyed every minute of working her over.

Meet the First Lady of my vintage machines, 'Charlee', in thanks to all of QB's Charlee unselfish guidance and support.
Watch out, you have been bitten by the BUG!!!!! It just gets worse, lol....love Her
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM

Beautiful machine!! I've been looking for a treadle sewing machine for a while, but where I live, I can't find one for less than $175.00 and in really bad condition. I wouldn't mind cleaning one up, mind you! So, will wait it out and search, and search this summer!