Minor Thrift Shop Score Today

Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM

Thank you Glenn. Things are actually pretty good health wise at the moment. It's just the nature of the wounds that they're slow healing. They'll get there. All things in due time.
Rodney
Old 04-23-2014, 07:42 PM

We had a Dr. here in Kenmare and he believed in using Infra Red heat lamps on the open wounds and whirlpool baths. I know a lot of women who had leg ulcers that healed that way. It didn't take near as long as some others I knew back 10 yr ago. Sure hope your wounds heal, hope you don't have diabetes, cause that means it is always going to be slow healing. And yes I used many blankets and polyester for quilts and so did my mom. More durable if that is a lot of washing of the quilts.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
get the blankets while you can.
I've been to more than one estate garage sale where they give quality woolen blankets away as dog or cat bedding. Nobody wants them, it seems, and they're priced accordingly. I might take up quilting and grab entire boxes of blankets from now on.
Doesn't seem that long ago you could only buy good quality woolen Australian made blankets here. Another dead industry and only inferior foreign products available now (sorry, that turned into a bit of an old man rant)
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 PM

I remember my grandmom using old blankets for her quilts....money was not easy to make and everybody needed to be warm........I can remember sleeping under one and it was soft and warm (I was a little kid but I remember liking it) - I think once they have been washed and shrunk, they would do fine.......