More attachments

Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 PM

Default More attachments

Remember that little one I had with the star? I found a set of them! They are for a Domestic - which I don't have one of.

I though from the shape of the hemmer I had that these would attach like the Rotary machine, but instead there is a foot that they all slip into - including the tucker and ruffler.

I have a few sets of Singer feet that attach this way too.

And a set of White attachments - but I'm missing the ruffler. I bought these to use with my New Queen, which was made by White

This one I bought cheap - since it's missing so many pieces - however I needed the binder, and this set had it. The screwdriver is a nice bonus, they are the most often missing item that came with attachment sets.

And a set I picked up today because I didn't have any like this - says Johnston Ruffler Co on the tucker and ruffler.

And finally - the really fun set! This is for my Davis Vertical feed.

I have all the pieces to the tucker except one nut. May take a bit to come up with one, as most of the time they use screws, but this one has the threaded post that I nut would go one.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:16 PM

Fun! I wouldn't know how to attach or use most of those. I did pick up a Griest(spelling?) buttonholer today to fit our low shank Singers. It's complete other than the feed dog cover plate. Fortunately one of the ones that came with my White buttonholers will work though the fit isn't perfect. Playing with the attachments is fun. My daughter got a kick out of using the buttonholer.
Now we just need a project that uses buttons.
Rodney
Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 AM

I've been researching the type of machine those oval Domestic plates would work on - and now I want to find one of them too!

I would have been OK if I had held fast and firm to my "Singer Only" plan . . .
Old 11-17-2013, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I've been researching the type of machine those oval Domestic plates would work on - and now I want to find one of them too!

I would have been OK if I had held fast and firm to my "Singer Only" plan . . .
I live in Wake Forest, NC, and my husband and I purchased a property to build on. On it was an old, 1903 house with no chance of resurrecting, and several chicken coop/workshops. Anyhow, we invited the fire department to conduct practice drills, which they did on the house. The FDept tore down the sheds, and on the ground were a couple of drawers from an old sewing machine cabinet. Of course I looked in them and came up with a couple of feet and a partial book for a Singer Nos. 127-3 and 128-3. The feet are rusty and dirty, but I believe could be cleaned up.
My question - does anyone have any interest in these? If so, let me know and I'll take some photos of my find. I only wish the machine was in the shed, but alas, no.......
Old 11-17-2013, 06:32 AM

Unless you have really rare ones, they probably aren't worth the effort to clean up. Singer sold the machines by the millions and every one came with the standard set.

Post pictures - there are a few rare Singer attachments that are worth from $50 to $500, and how knows, you may have one.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned

How about non singer? Say Civil War era 1861 Grover and Baker accessories?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447433[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-11-17-16.33.28_sm.jpg