More Of My Collection

Old 11-15-2014, 07:44 AM

Default More Of My Collection

Here are a few more machines that I have added to my collection. I seem to be drawn to the colorful machines as opposed to the older black singers that I still love with a passion. I have Sears Kenmores, a Montgomery Ward so when I found this JC Penney machine I just couldn't resist it. Again, it is a left homing machine which I am not fond of but I didn't buy it to use on a regular basis. Another one is the Modern Machine which I found for $5 and couldn't resist. I think it also is a left homing machine. These two machines are in excellent condition and will require very little cleaning which is a good thing because I am getting tired of intense cleaning. Then while searching for a motor for my Singer Lotus Decal I got this General machine for $10 which is in terrible condition. I really only wanted the motor which I thought would work on the Singer and I needed the cabinet. In the meantime J. Miller and Macybaby helped me with the motor and some missing parts for the Lotus. I am not too interested in trying to get the General working but my DH wants to fool with it so it will be a winter time project for him. I am so thankful for all of the QB members who are so willing to help any of us with problems we might have.
Attached Thumbnails jc-penny-machine-front.jpg   jc-penney-back.jpg   jc-penney-stitch-panel.jpg   modern-deluxe-zigzag-front.jpg   modern-deluxe-zigzag-back.jpg  

general-brand-front.jpg   general-brand-foot-area.jpg   general-brand-different-plates.jpg   general-brand-case.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 07:53 AM

All three look great. The General should clean up nicely (and probably sews well, too). I have a Good Housekeeper machine that is very similar to your Modern zig-zag.

You're building a very nice collection. I can't wait for the grand opening of the Blackberry Museum of Needle Arts.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:56 AM

I love the "atomic starburst" on the Modern Machine. Very very retro!
Old 11-15-2014, 08:17 AM

Blackberry,

Your Modern Machine has to be made by the same people that made my Alden machine. The family resemblance is unmistakeable.

The General should clean up nicely, though it will never win a beauty contest. But like the old soldier it is I'll bet it sews up a storm.

Joe
Old 11-15-2014, 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=KenmoreRulesAll;6969541]All three look great. The General should clean up nicely (and probably sews well, too). I have a Good Housekeeper machine that is very similar to your Modern zig.

You're building a very nice collection. I can't wait for the grand opening of the Blackberry Museum of Needle Arts.

"Blackberry Museum Of Needle Arts". I like that. Maybe someday soon when the weather warms a bit I will take pictures of all of my machines, make a collage and post on QB.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:32 AM

Thanks Joe. I knew I saw that 8 pointed star and those knobs elsewhere. I think it was your machine and a one or two other brands I've seen the star and knobs on. Now if I could remember which thread(s) they were in.
Nice looking machines. That General is going to take some work. I really like the Modern and the Penny's machine looks like it was never used.
Rodney
Old 11-15-2014, 09:43 AM

Love the Modern - those are all nice finds!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Thanks Joe. I knew I saw that 8 pointed star and those knobs elsewhere. I think it was your machine and a one or two other brands I've seen the star and knobs on. Now if I could remember which thread(s) they were in.
Nice looking machines. That General is going to take some work. I really like the Modern and the Penny's machine looks like it was never used.
Rodney
The Modern has similarities to my Underwood, also a left needle machine. Mine is missing the star inside the stitch width control. These machines were built by either Toyota or Koyo, I can never remember which.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498906[/ATTACH]
the General looks like it'll be a challenge but I bet it will be worth it. I love the clones.

Cari
Attached Thumbnails 5982953304_ebfca51a6d_o.jpg  
Old 11-15-2014, 02:09 PM

Nice collection!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

Great machine...Post a pic when you get them cleaned up...