Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My wife doesn't think I'm ...... >

My wife doesn't think I'm ......

My wife doesn't think I'm ......

Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Christine,

I'm almost finished with the top. One strip to go then the 8 sections and it will be finished. After that the batting and back. THAT is gonna be the hard part.
I'll be posting pics when I'm done with the top, then later when I'm finished.

Glen,
My wife can't treadle either. She gots no rythum in her footsies. I've tried several times to get her going and she chickens out each time.

Miriam,
I need a 3/4 size case for my 99K HC machine. If you come up with an extra one, we can do that too.

Joe

Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
You know it Glenn... I do much better under one of those trees with a HC
Although I have used a treadle for years and it is second nature to me to do so, A HC under the trees does sound nice indeed.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Christine,

I'm almost finished with the top. One strip to go then the 8 sections and it will be finished. After that the batting and back. THAT is gonna be the hard part.
I'll be posting pics when I'm done with the top, then later when I'm finished.

Glen,
My wife can't treadle either. She gots no rythum in her footsies. I've tried several times to get her going and she chickens out each time.

Miriam,
I need a 3/4 size case for my 99K HC machine. If you come up with an extra one, we can do that too.

Joe

Joe, you know I don't have anything that good around here unspoken for... http://www.treadleon.net/woodshop/bu...dingbases.html get a hammer and saw and get busy
Old 03-17-2013, 07:53 PM

I tend to agree with your wife, Joe! lol Can't wait to see your finished quilt.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:09 PM

It's nice to sew outside. I used to do when the grandkids would be in the backyard playing.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 PM

44 degrees? I'm jealous! This weekend was around 0 in your degrees. And we added about another foot of snow to the lawn. The mounds are as tall as DH. I personally try not to venture out there. I'm too short, I may be lost for good!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 AM

This has been one of the coldest and most miserable winters since I've been in IL. And one of the least snowy ones. We've had one decent snow all season and got maybe 3" or so.

This last couple years my system has changed and I can no longer stand the frigged cold. I'd rather sweat in AZ than shiver here.

Joe
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 AM

I'm impressed! It is too cold for me...of course I'm more than 100 miles north of you.
I have been known to sew on my patio during the late spring/early summer....but this is dedication.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 AM

I think all of us are getting tired of the dreary and cold and getting cabin fever. My oldest son lives in Sierra Vista, Arizona and sends me pictures and weather reports to torture me. My younger son lives in San Jose, CA and vacations is Belize. Within two years I plan to be living in either place, Arizona or Belize. So I am with you Joe, I am getting tired of shivering and would rather sweat a bit.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM

You are so funny! I'm afraid I agree with your wife. 44 is too cold to sew outside! If I saw someone doing this, I'd definitely go see what they were making.