Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Necchi BU, Mira series questions ... >

Necchi BU, Mira series questions ...

Necchi BU, Mira series questions ...

Old 09-21-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Necchi bu mira

This is an old post. I became the surprise owner of a Necchi BU Mira a few months ago. I posted something for sale on Craigslist and was offered it in trade. I've been quilting and sewing for 50 years and had never heard of Necchi. Was happy with my 1900 Singer Treadle (still works great at 115 years old! - I've had it 40 years) and miscellaneous vintage machines I've rescued from thrift shops.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:47 AM

Having trouble typing here. Try again. So, I've been cleaning, oiling and researching BU Mira for months. Mine came with 1 bobbin case, 1 bobbin, and a wonder wheel accessory, 1 cam, 1 peeling zigzag foot, no manuals - missing about 40 standard accessories. I have most now. Something wrong here....have to type so slow or it skips letters.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:10 PM

It's the spell checker trying to out-think you as you type. While it's guessing at words, the text editor misses the text that you type. I hate it. Try clicking the Editor Button to switch off the spell checker...

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails qb_typing.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 05:41 AM

Hope this post is not too old for someone to reply. Rescued a Necchi Supernova from a thrift store for my 8 year old granddaughter. She's been sewing with me for about a year and wanted a machine of her own. This machine seemed very sturdy and machine looked good although the sewing table has seen its wear. Anyway, I oiled every little nook and cranny, she sewed about 4 jelly roll strips - then the needle would not move, and the motor sounded like it was in bobbin mode. My son came home, we got into the insides (which we were very impressed as there was no plastic) and tried checking everything out. We found the small silver knob that is attached to the hand wheel was frozen and would not move. So after a lot of oiling and movement it broke loose. We found one of the attaching screws had the tip broken off. When putting it back on, it seems to work but the motor is really stressing and still will not operate the needle going up and down. I have 2 manuals which are for Necchi but not this model so they have not been of any help to us. They have a Copywright Dec 1951, 2nd rersion Aug 1952. Serial #35-09841 5. Any help out here???? We WERE so excited.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:24 AM

Cindy, I sure hope someone here can help you! Your granddaughter must be feeling pretty sad I have the same machine but have not done anything with it as yet -sounds like they are a little bit picky!