Necchi BU Mira

Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

When you get it rewired, you could get a knee pedal or a foot pedal set-up going. It's a little more to the wiring, but it can be done.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
When you get it rewired, you could get a knee pedal or a foot pedal set-up going. It's a little more to the wiring, but it can be done.
It's actually no more to the wiring. Most knee levers are just one of two types. 1- foot control in a bracket up under the cabinet with a lever mounted beside it that pushes against the controller. 2-foot control with a lever built on that mounts on the side inside the cabinet. There are a few that are separate contraptions that are hard wired weird things (technical term), but most are like what I described.

Cari
Old 09-15-2014, 09:36 PM

Thanks, I joined the yahoo group last night! Definitely going to follow the recommendations for cleaning it, that's a great article.

I believe what I have on the machine is a knee lever, it actually connected to the machine with a power outlet, will also need new wiring
Old 09-16-2014, 04:04 AM

VERY nice machine and great cabinet and stool! I'd rather see someone give a machine away than to haul it off.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:59 AM

Fix the electrical first.
For some reason, many of the vintage Necchi's owners hang on to the bits and pieces. I think they are wonderful machines and I also have this model with it's wonder wheel and it's connecting wires - which is those two wires on the left of your machine - 1st pic.
Good luck.
Originally Posted by meganc731 View Post
Thanks! I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't set it up and start using it sooner. Also I don't know what it's called, but instead of a pedal you push a lever with your knee. I thought that was awesome, especially since I've been sewing more than normal I realized that my sciatic nerve is kicking in and it's probably from using the pedal.

Should we open it and clean it first or get some oil on it first? Does it matter?

Thanks!!