Necchi BU Treadle

Old 10-04-2022, 11:05 AM

Default Necchi BU Treadle

Just bought this machine in a beautiful cabinet as a treadle. Seller gave me a motor, light and foot pedal too. Can I mount this motor to the machine and switch back and forth between treadling and power by switching out the belt? The motor is a 1 amp Standand Universal Motor. It is not a Necchi motor.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:24 PM

You can certainly try. I did a similar set up over here

https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...e-t316079.html

and just looped the treadle belt over the motor pulley. As noted in the thread it moved the entire treadle mechanism which would not be for long term operation, I was mostly just messing around.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:20 AM

Helen, if you have Facebook, check out the "Necchi Supernove Sewing Machines" group. Carl Sparks (and the other members) can provide lots of information on these machines.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:10 AM

Welcome to Quilting Board. Some of the Necchi machines can be treadled. Perhaps a picture of your machine would help.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BonnieJP View Post
Helen, if you have Facebook, check out the "Necchi Supernove Sewing Machines" group. Carl Sparks (and the other members) can provide lots of information on these machines.
I have joined all the groups, but no one has anything for treadles.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JoeJr View Post
You can certainly try. I did a similar set up over here

https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...e-t316079.html

and just looped the treadle belt over the motor pulley. As noted in the thread it moved the entire treadle mechanism which would not be for long term operation, I was mostly just messing around.
The seller gave me the belt that would go to the motor. I wouldn't need the treadle belt. Looks like I can go back and forth between power and treadle by switching belts.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 PM

Default Necchi BU Treadle

I have tried to upload photos of this machine, but no luck. I'm doing something wrong. I'm selecting the paper clip, choosing the 2 photos, but there isn't any place to make them upload.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:36 PM

Helen, after you have chosen your photos, scroll to the right side of that box. There is an upload button on the far right and it is probably not visible until you scroll. I've attached a screenshot for the Manage Attachment page in the Go Advanced section that I use to add pictures.
Attached Thumbnails upload.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 10-05-2022 at 04:39 PM. Reason: screenshot added
Old 10-05-2022, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by HelenL553 View Post
I have tried to upload photos of this machine, but no luck. I'm doing something wrong. I'm selecting the paper clip, choosing the 2 photos, but there isn't any place to make them upload.
Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.
...images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?
... Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload".
By any chance does it look like https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...d=491341&stc=1 ?
If memory serves me correctly the spacing on the Necchi is the same as a Singer, however there is a difference in either the hinge pins or the space where the hinge pins go are different between Singer and Necchi.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do

Old 10-06-2022, 07:10 AM

The machine looks exactly like this. I have tried to upload, but I get a message saying upload failed.