Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine >

Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine

Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine

Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM

Joe, The pictures on QB that you posted will not be gone unless QB deleted your thread. You will just have to read through 1,793 post again to find out. Have fun reading! Good luck!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM

notsureif,

My wife asked me if was the QB or other sewing forum I posted it on. There is one other forum that has a sewing section I sometimes post on. I'm going to check that one in a bit.

Joe
Old 08-09-2012, 04:46 PM

vintagemotif,

I've gone through ever post I started on this forum since I joined in February. I'm pretty sure I didn't post it in someone elses thread.

I've pretty much given up on it.

As for the forum dropping pics when my HD crashed I knew they didn't. I upload pics from my thumb drive occasionally and they are still there when the pull it out.

Joe
Old 08-09-2012, 05:52 PM

I've seen you post on other sites maybe sewfourms or needle bar ?

The reason I mention that is that most any site that you post in a thread, and post from your puter you are the photo host, meaning if you go down every thing goes with you. now if you post to there site they become the host.... I'm dail up and can not post a photo via my puter....on any site I have ever been on

I have never looked into who this site uses as the host. I do know I have to convert to img and can only do this vis a photo hosting site, which is the norm

I've lost photo's also it sucks,, I should take my advice and use a flash drive
Old 08-09-2012, 06:13 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t185704.html

Here's a thread where you mentioned the lint, but no photos...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Christine,

Thanks, the date I posted the comment narrowed the post down to before I joined this forum. So, I'll have to go back to the other two forums I was a member of and look there again.

Thanks for the help.

Joe
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Joe, This was your first post with a photo. Was this photo lost too when HD crashed?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...y-t179274.html
Old 08-09-2012, 08:38 PM

vintagemotif,

I have them on my thumb drive so I must have saved them.

Thanks to Christine's tip I found I'd cleaned the Bernina in January of this year. I wasn't yet on this forum. So I've gone back to the two forums I was on then and looked at every post I made on each of them. Nothing.

I do not know where that thread is so I'm going to have to say those pics are lost.

Thanks for all the help, I do appreciate it. I think I'll put this hunt to bed now.

Joe
Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Sometime back I cleaned my wifes Bernina. It was a mess. Took pics of it and posted them.
We lost those pics when the computer HD died.
I've been gradually rebuilding my picture library on a thumb drive by going through all my previous posts and photobucket and resaving my pics.

The thread or post I'm looking for is pics of a Bernina 930 just filled with lint and debris. I posted several views of it. I've tried searching, but I am terrible at searches and so far I haven't found the post.

Could someone who is good at searching try to find that post(s) for me? I would really appreciate it.

Joe
My memory isn't too good but it seems to me that it was when Miriam declared National clean your machine day (or something similar) so perhaps searching her posts would help OR maybe she remembers when she got us all busy cleaning out the lint. I wonder how many lint pillows got made that day?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 AM

Joe, I am sorry to hear this for you! You are so helpful and interesting on this board . . . I hope it turns up for you ~