Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine

Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine

Sometime back I cleaned my wifes Bernina. It was a mess. Took pics of it and posted them.
    We lost those pics when the computer HD died.
    I've been gradually rebuilding my picture library on a thumb drive by going through all my previous posts and photobucket and resaving my pics.

The thread or post I'm looking for is pics of a Bernina 930 just filled with lint and debris. I posted several views of it. I've tried searching, but I am terrible at searches and so far I haven't found the post.

Could someone who is good at searching try to find that post(s) for me? I would really appreciate it.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Do you have a rough idea of when you posted? You have 40 pages of posts and it would make it easier to look. Alternatively, you can go to "MY PROFILE" on the upper right area of the page and it will bring you to your own info - you can look at prior posts.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

did you host pic's then post, or can you post straight off your puter ? if it's the later there gone.

all I find is the thread knot post only showing the very front section..

I do remember pic's you posted off the bobbin area full

Blog Entries
    Joe, You will have to read through your archive. If you click on your name, a new page opens to show your profile info.
    There is a column on left that has find latest posts and another find latest started threads. Click on them to find post. You will just have to read through. Or you can try a google search. Good luck!

paulswalia,

Posted it probably 3 or 4 months ago. I have already gone to my profile and done a search. Can't find that thread or post.

notsureif,
    These pics are not on photobucket, so I would have had to up load them to this forum from my computer. I looked for a way to find those pics but didn't find it.

Joe

Google search?!?!?!?!?!? Hah! I'm worse at Google than I am at the forum search.

I've already spent several hours looking on three sewing forums and have had no luck. Pretty sure those pics are not on the other forums cos I only have a couple hundred posts total there.

I'll go look.

Joe

vintagemotif,

Did what you said about checking the profile .......... struck out.

Time to give up.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Try googling
    Sometimes through an image on google you can find.
    Think of words you may have used in that thread.
    Like Bernina 930 J Miller Quilting Board.

Nope, tried your words Google found my threads in this and Sewing Forum, but not the one about the dirty Bernina.

Joe

I did the google also, if they were posted from your computer and never a host site, your HHD went down, those photo's are gone. I would think the wording in that post would still show...

I have seen that some threads on here do get deleted...

Blog Entries
    Joe, The pictures on QB that you posted will not be gone unless QB deleted your thread. You will just have to read through 1,793 post again to find out. Have fun reading! Good luck!

notsureif,

My wife asked me if was the QB or other sewing forum I posted it on. There is one other forum that has a sewing section I sometimes post on. I'm going to check that one in a bit.

Joe

vintagemotif,

I've gone through ever post I started on this forum since I joined in February. I'm pretty sure I didn't post it in someone elses thread.

I've pretty much given up on it.

As for the forum dropping pics when my HD crashed I knew they didn't. I upload pics from my thumb drive occasionally and they are still there when the pull it out.

Joe

I've seen you post on other sites maybe sewfourms or needle bar ?

The reason I mention that is that most any site that you post in a thread, and post from your puter you are the photo host, meaning if you go down every thing goes with you. now if you post to there site they become the host.... I'm dail up and can not post a photo via my puter....on any site I have ever been on

I have never looked into who this site uses as the host. I do know I have to convert to img and can only do this vis a photo hosting site, which is the norm

I've lost photo's also it sucks,, I should take my advice and use a flash drive

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...r-t185704.html

Here's a thread where you mentioned the lint, but no photos...
    Bernina 640, Singer 201-3, Singer Centennial 15-91, Tin Lizzie 26" long arm

Christine,

Thanks, the date I posted the comment narrowed the post down to before I joined this forum. So, I'll have to go back to the other two forums I was a member of and look there again.

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe, This was your first post with a photo. Was this photo lost too when HD crashed?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...y-t179274.html

vintagemotif,

I have them on my thumb drive so I must have saved them.

Thanks to Christine's tip I found I'd cleaned the Bernina in January of this year. I wasn't yet on this forum. So I've gone back to the two forums I was on then and looked at every post I made on each of them. Nothing.

I do not know where that thread is so I'm going to have to say those pics are lost.

Thanks for all the help, I do appreciate it. I think I'll put this hunt to bed now.

Joe

Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Sometime back I cleaned my wifes Bernina. It was a mess. Took pics of it and posted them.
    We lost those pics when the computer HD died.
    I've been gradually rebuilding my picture library on a thumb drive by going through all my previous posts and photobucket and resaving my pics.

The thread or post I'm looking for is pics of a Bernina 930 just filled with lint and debris. I posted several views of it. I've tried searching, but I am terrible at searches and so far I haven't found the post.

Could someone who is good at searching try to find that post(s) for me? I would really appreciate it.

Joe
    My memory isn't too good but it seems to me that it was when Miriam declared National clean your machine day (or something similar) so perhaps searching her posts would help OR maybe she remembers when she got us all busy cleaning out the lint. I wonder how many lint pillows got made that day?

Joe, I am sorry to hear this for you! You are so helpful and interesting on this board . . . I hope it turns up for you ~

Here's the deal. That "thread" was posted as best I can determine in January. I wasn't a member here then, so it would have been posted either on the Sewing Forum or Stitchers Guild Forum. I have a suspicion it was on the Sewing Forum and may have been lost when the spammers shut the forum down just after the first of the year. I have looked carefully through all my posts on both forums and it is not in either of them.
    The "thread" with my pics, is not on this forum either. All of the pics I'm looking for are on the dead hard drive so most likely are lost.

So, that's the deal in a nut shell.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Here's the deal. That "thread" was posted as best I can determine in January. I wasn't a member here then, so it would have been posted either on the Sewing Forum or Stitchers Guild Forum. I have a suspicion it was on the Sewing Forum and may have been lost when the spammers shut the forum down just after the first of the year. I have looked carefully through all my posts on both forums and it is not in either of them.
    The "thread" with my pics, is not on this forum either. All of the pics I'm looking for are on the dead hard drive so most likely are lost.

So, that's the deal in a nut shell.

Joe
    Joe, Even if you had used photos from the hard drive, those pictures would not be lost if you posted to this site.

Think about what you are stating.

That would mean that each time you shut down your computer that image would no longer show. You also state that others of your photos that show right now were from your thumb drive. With what you are stating, this would mean that if you were to unplug that drive from your computer then all of those images would not show.

Now if spammers or hackers were able to shutdown the "Sewing Forum", then those photos there were remove and now lost.
    And as you are stating, you most likely lost the photos that were posted at the forum and not here.

I have thought about it.

Because of the timing I'm sure I did not post the pics here. Stitchers Guild does not allow uploads that I know of. So it had to be the Sewing Forum. And I've gone through every post I made and it's not there.

Joe