Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine >

Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine

Need a bit of help locating a past post of mine

Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 AM

Here's the deal. That "thread" was posted as best I can determine in January. I wasn't a member here then, so it would have been posted either on the Sewing Forum or Stitchers Guild Forum. I have a suspicion it was on the Sewing Forum and may have been lost when the spammers shut the forum down just after the first of the year. I have looked carefully through all my posts on both forums and it is not in either of them.
The "thread" with my pics, is not on this forum either. All of the pics I'm looking for are on the dead hard drive so most likely are lost.

So, that's the deal in a nut shell.

Joe
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Here's the deal. That "thread" was posted as best I can determine in January. I wasn't a member here then, so it would have been posted either on the Sewing Forum or Stitchers Guild Forum. I have a suspicion it was on the Sewing Forum and may have been lost when the spammers shut the forum down just after the first of the year. I have looked carefully through all my posts on both forums and it is not in either of them.
The "thread" with my pics, is not on this forum either. All of the pics I'm looking for are on the dead hard drive so most likely are lost.

So, that's the deal in a nut shell.

Joe
Joe, Even if you had used photos from the hard drive, those pictures would not be lost if you posted to this site.

Think about what you are stating.

That would mean that each time you shut down your computer that image would no longer show. You also state that others of your photos that show right now were from your thumb drive. With what you are stating, this would mean that if you were to unplug that drive from your computer then all of those images would not show.

Now if spammers or hackers were able to shutdown the "Sewing Forum", then those photos there were remove and now lost.
And as you are stating, you most likely lost the photos that were posted at the forum and not here.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 AM

I have thought about it.

Because of the timing I'm sure I did not post the pics here. Stitchers Guild does not allow uploads that I know of. So it had to be the Sewing Forum. And I've gone through every post I made and it's not there.

Joe