Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
needles, i need needles, lots and lots of needles >

needles, i need needles, lots and lots of needles

needles, i need needles, lots and lots of needles

Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by TeeGee View Post
My main machine at this time is a Bernina 200 for embroidery. It replaced a Pfaff 360 that my then husband bought for me in 1963. Our Mother passed and I was looking for her treadle, my sister has it. (snarl) So my daughter (who has the Pfaff and will not part with it) found a treadle called "La Reine" on the machine, but on the treadle itself if says "Improved". [Just had a thought, maybe the machine and the cabinet do not belong together.] Oh, Well, I do not care about that. I bought this machine, it has a long bobbin and sews like a dream. Have discovered that it takes "Davis long needles". Have searched but cannot find on the 'net. One article said that a Boye #10 would work and it might if I could find it.
Does anyone know where I could find this needle size? My machine guy suggested that the thing that holds the needles could be adjusted for today's modern shorter needles.
p.s. Sorry this is so rambling, you can tell I live alone and have no one to talk to but The Cat.
I have 7 tubes of Boye #10's....23 needles in all in assorted sizes (5 tubes came with 3 needles each. The other 2 came with 4). PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:44 AM

path49,

Where were you a couple months ago when I needed needles for my Minnesota ~B~???

Gonna PM you.

Joe
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
path49,

Where were you a couple months ago when I needed needles for my Minnesota ~B~???

Gonna PM you.

Joe
Joe, Yeah, ain't that the way...I only found this board about a month ago. Anyway, I sent you a PM. Are you the same "J Miller" who posts on Artisan's Square?

Whereabouts in Central IL are you? I'm in Collinsville.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by path49 View Post
Joe, Yeah, ain't that the way...I only found this board about a month ago. Anyway, I sent you a PM. Are you the same "J Miller" who posts on Artisan's Square?

Whereabouts in Central IL are you? I'm in Collinsville.
Yep, that be me. I'm in Springfield. I'm a member of three sewing forums ( am I allowed to say that???) and many shooting forums. I,m "J Miller" on all of them. No imagination I guess. Never could think up an alias so I just went with my name.

Joe