Panic - Bernina 930 Record -

Old 12-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Default Panic - Bernina 930 Record -

The thread thingy that went up and down was moving - but the needle was not - what was going on?

It was working the night before!

I had moved the basting stitch selector - and not turned it back. (I don't remember why I had turned it - but it had been turned.)

Moral of the story: Check the settings to make sure that they are in "normal" position.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:47 AM

yay for a quick fix.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:08 AM

LOL!! Had a similar problem this AM. I finished up a quilt on the LA last night, and put another one on the morning and then oiled the bobbin area and gave it a run with no thread. Then I put in thread and the bobbin case and tried to pull the thread up, and it either would not form a stitch at all, or the top thread would get snagged tight in the bobbin area and break.

Took out the bobbin case and put it back in a few times - still doing it (was freaking out at this point). Finally took out the bobbin case and pulled out the bobbin, and a bit of lint fell out of the bobbin case. Put it back in and it worked fine.

That piece of lint must have been causing the bobbin not to fit in quite right so the bobbin case was not fully locking into position, and it stuck out just enough that the top thread wouldn't slide easily over it like it was suppose to.

BTW - on my regular machines, I have also learned to be diligent about removing the bobbin after winding thread. I often wind extra bobbins, so it's normal that I don't need the last one wound to put in the bobbin case. Darn machine won't do anything if there is a full bobbin in the winder!