Pink Atlas

Old 06-12-2016, 05:11 AM

Default Pink Atlas

I got this at an estate sale for $30. It was in a cabinet that was in pretty bad shape. This is a Pretty Pink Atlas machine that runs so quiet I just couldn't resist adding to my collection. They had it listed for $150 but it was near closing time for the sale and she dropped the price to $30. However, when I got it home I noticed that the reverse/stitch length lever was missing so maybe I didn't do so well after all. There was no bobbin but I have an extra one that I think will fit so no problem there. Of course, there was no manual, extra feet or any other accessories. With no manual, I have no clue what the different knobs are for or how to use them. I believe the red knob dial controls the zz width. I think the knob on the top has something to do with the different patterns. On the badge it reads 6 different numbers and various designs below the number so it apparently does make some designs. I have no clue what the two knobs do that are on the side of the reverse/stitch regulator space but probably have something to do with the pattern designs. I don't believe I can even use it with no stitch regulator. The reverse is not a necessary part but the stitch regulator is. My DH and myself will clean it up and tinker with it but unless someone knows how to get a stitch regulator bar, I think it will have to be a show piece.
Attached Thumbnails atlas-front.jpg   brother-made.jpg   maybe-model-number.jpg   motor-connection.jpg   motor.jpg  

no-reverse-stitch-regulator-bar.jpg   pattern-designs.jpg   top.jpg  
Old 06-13-2016, 01:50 AM
Power Poster

A regulator off another Japanese machine might fit.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:17 AM

Not too bad a deal at all if it can be repaired. Identifying correct bobbin for the model is a must for test sewing and trouble shooting. A suitable box of accessories will turn turn up. I've noticed these types of Japanese models get a lot of appraisal for their fancy apparence ;- )
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Banned

This is an early Selectomatic machine built by Brother. it uses normal 15 class bobbins, but I'd get vintage bobbins if possible, new ones the last few years have been really inferior. There are often times machines being parted out on the auction sites and any Brother built machine with a similar stitch length regulator will work.
This is one of those machines that without the manual it's almost impossible to figure out all it's functions. I've had my Selectomatic for a few years and it still gives me fits if I don't use the manual. I happen to have the right manual for your machine so if you pm me with your email addy I'll send it to you.

Cari