Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Ideal Automatik = Brother ???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/ideal-automatik-%3D-brother-t241214.html)

J Miller 02-16-2014 06:04 AM

Yes, the extension is a curved laminate. From the edge it actually looks like plywood. There's a little metal tab that hooks into a metal bracket on the end of the base to hold it too.
The machine, extension, and all fits into the suit case right behind it.

It a nice machine and I'm going to try to put together a set of attachments for it.

Joe

Rodney 02-16-2014 06:23 AM

I really like the bed extension too.
Rodney

J Miller 02-16-2014 09:35 AM

Rodney,

I used the machine yesterday for the first time in a very long time. I'm piecing a large quilt. That bed makes it much easier to use a portable machine on a table for large things. I wish I was able to build a universal one like it for my other portables.

Joe

oldsewnsew 02-16-2014 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6578382)
Rodney,

I used the machine yesterday for the first time in a very long time. I'm piecing a large quilt. That bed makes it much easier to use a portable machine on a table for large things. I wish I was able to build a universal one like it for my other portables.

Joe

I'll bet you could! ;-)

Caramelle 07-08-2014 04:22 AM

Hey J Miller!

I have the same machine. Just bought it at a second hand shop for 15€ :-) Mine came with a manual... in German!
If you want to, I could scan the pages and e-mail them to you?

J Miller 07-08-2014 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Caramelle (Post 6791048)
Hey J Miller!

I have the same machine. Just bought it at a second hand shop for 15€ :-) Mine came with a manual... in German!
If you want to, I could scan the pages and e-mail them to you?

Caramelle,

Thank you, I'd love it. I'll PM you my email addy. When you scan it, please get the front and back cover with the inner covers too. As well as any blank type pages. That way when I print it I can make a duplicate manual.

Again, Thanks a bunch.

Joe

J Miller 07-08-2014 04:08 PM

Caramelle,

Thanks a bunch. And welcome to the QB. I've been looking for two and half years for that manual. I know it's not in English, but perhaps I can find someone to translate it for me.

QB members, Caramelle, went out of her way to scan and email me the manual to my Ideal Automatik. She's in Belgium and is a new sewist. So Caramelle, I'm inviting you to stick around and ask any and all questions you need to. There is so much knowledge here it will make your head spin.

Joe

raluca seffer 01-03-2015 01:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, Joe! I also have an Ideal Automatik with a complet set of 20 cams and no manual. [ATTACH=CONFIG]504523[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504525[/ATTACH] Could you tell me more about it? I didn't find any information about this machine or, at least, what manual of a brother machine should I looking for? (Excuse my bad English :o)

J Miller 01-03-2015 03:03 AM

The only thing I've been able to find out about mine is it was made by Brother. I've not found a corresponding Brother manual for it though. There are some similar models, but none exactly like these Ideal Automatic machines.

The lady I got my German language manual from posted one time to send me the manual and not since. I've yet to get it translated.

I wish I could help more, but to tell the truth, I'm still in the dark with this machine.

Joe

raluca seffer 01-03-2015 04:07 AM

Thank you for your reply.
I wonder if you have the possibility to send me a copy of your german manual..perhaps i can translate it.
Thank you